Διασκεδάστε και μ' αυτό...

daeman

Administrator
Staff member

BREAKING: Wal-Mart To Begin Selling Small Countries

Retail giant Wal-Mart unveiled plans Thursday to add the sale and distribution of small, underdeveloped countries to its product line, a move hailed by investors as both “brilliant” and “utterly inevitable.”
The bold initiative proposed by the retail chain will feature competitive pricing on multiple countries and provinces, predominantly in Africa and southeast Asia, with planned expansion into Eastern Europe slated for the summer of 2014.
“Wal-Mart’s goal has always been to be a one-stop shop for all consumers, and the option for our shoppers to purchase and manage actual semi-functioning countries blazes an exciting path forward,” said Wal-Mart’s director of international commerce James Meredith. “Our market research clearly indicates that our buyers will not only welcome the opportunity to branch into this dynamic new field of retail, but potentially bring peace and stability to some of the more troubled regions of our world.”
While the initial array of countries available for purchase is relatively small, comprised mainly of smaller agrarian states like Burundi, Gambia and Malawi, the retail superstore has already set its sights on larger European countries such as Moldavia and Latvia. All sales packages will include working master keys to all government buildings, complete access and control over agricultural and mineral resources, and the option to have a towering statue of their likeness erected in the country’s capital city.
All country purchases will also include a customized orientation package with tips, tricks and international currency exchange rates, tentatively entitled, “You Know You’re a Third-World Dictator When…”, penned by comedian Jeff Foxworthy in collaboration with former US Secretary of State James Baker.

U.N. Out of Ideas, Commissions NSF To Construct Massive Global Reboot Button

An array of reports surfaced Monday evening from multiple media outlets that the National Science Foundation, working at the request of the United Nations, have exhausted all ideas for repairing Earth’s hopelessly broken social and economic structures and have turned their attention to starting the whole damn thing from scratch.
The project, referred to internally as “Operation Hard Reset,” evidently involves construction of a colossal power button somewhere in the desert southwest of Carson City, Nevada, according to government sources speaking on condition of anonymity. Surrounded by a fenced perimeter, the project began moving forward in June 2011, after both the Fukushima nuclear disaster and the premiere episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians’ fifth season made it clear that drastic measures were warranted.
Sources have confirmed the existence of at least two black holes within the structure, caged within complex entropic “shields” generated from a compound of dark matter, ectoplasmic residue, and mitochlorians. The silo itself measures one hundred eighty feet in diameter; the exterior is encased with a thick mold of comfortingly familiar black plastic supplied by Logitech.
Opinions within the “Hard Reset” scientific enclave vary wildly as to the effect a worldwide reboot might have on the planet’s population and existing civilizations. However, most researchers tentatively agree that a cold reboot would reallocate all funds and currencies worldwide equally among all humans worldwide, leaving each of us with an approximate net worth of $.08.
In addition, sources predict that all property, estate, and personal belongings would immediately become free for ownership, a prospect that has many team members excited. “I can’t wait to trade up from my Kia,” confided one senior team member.
GOP to Upgrade All Campaign Offices to Windows XP

LEXINGTON, KY — The Republican National Committee unveiled plans Tuesday for a complete makeover of all computers being currently used in GOP campaign and outreach offices across the country to Microsoft’s popular Windows XP operating system.
The planned upgrade, currently scheduled for September 2013, spells relief for staffers and campaign workers who have continued to handle all campaign management functions on older operating systems such as Windows 98, Windows 95, and MS-DOS.
“This move is long overdue for the party and signals a welcome change in the GOP mindset,” commented Fox News political analyst Douglas Frome. “The GOP in the 21st century is about embracing exciting new technologies that can be used to reach younger voters, whether that be a World Wide Web program like Mozilla Firefox or a typing and organizing program such as Wordperfect.”

Party officials have privately expressed concern since 2010 that the party’s primary data servers, currently hosted on a pair of Commodore 64 stations, remain a weak link in the GOP’s IT infrastructure.
Cost estimates for the upgrade have been difficult to obtain; party officials have confessed that obtaining valid copies of the software needed for upgrade has been problematic. “It’s unsurprising to find that products such as Lotus 1-2-3 and Macromedia Dreamweaver are tough to find out there,” observed the GOP’s director of purchasing Brian Benson. “We knew they were popular and that we might have to take this thing pretty slow.”
Letter From Santa Reveals He Watches Everyone All The Time, NSA Jealous

Satire Disclaimer
:whistle:

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member
Translation table explaining the truth behind British politeness becomes internet hit

WHAT THE BRITISH SAY |WHAT THE BRITISH MEAN |WHAT FOREIGNERS UNDERSTAND
I hear what you say |I disagree and do not want to discuss it further |He accepts my point of view
With the greatest respect |You are an idiot |He is listening to me
That's not bad |That's good |That's poor
That is a very brave proposal |You are insane |He thinks I have courage
Quite good |A bit disappointing |Quite good
I would suggest |Do it or be prepared to justify yourself |Think about the idea, but do what you like
Oh, incidentally/ by the way |The primary purpose of our discussion is |That is not very important
I was a bit disappointed that |I am annoyed that |It doesn't really matter
Very interesting |That is clearly nonsense |They are impressed
I'll bear it in mind |I've forgotten it already |They will probably do it
I'm sure it's my fault |It's your fault |Why do they think it was their fault?
You must come for dinner |It's not an invitation, I'm just being polite |I will get an invitation soon
I almost agree |I don't agree at all |He's not far from agreement
I only have a few minor comments |Please rewrite completely |He has found a few typos
Could we consider some other options |I don't like your idea |They have not yet decided

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Translation table explaining the truth behind British politeness becomes internet hit

WHAT THE BRITISH SAY |WHAT THE BRITISH MEAN |WHAT FOREIGNERS UNDERSTAND

Things are very interesting in Punxsutawney. People hear what you say and respond with the greatest respect, saying it's quite good and that they'll bear it in mind.

Oh, incidentally, I would suggest a visit to that thread: Τι λένε οι Βρετανοί και τι εννοούν. :whistle:

I was a bit disappointed
at first but I'm sure it's my fault. Oh well. :twit:

Playfully yours, :laugh:

Phil

:D:D:D
( Εδώ που τα λέμε, είναι πια να φοβάται να μιλήσει κανείς στην πανξουτονιοβριθή Λεξιλογία. Τα μηδενίζουμε όλα να πάμε άλλη μια απ' την αρχή; )

bernardina

( Εδώ που τα λέμε, είναι πια να φοβάται να μιλήσει κανείς στην πανξουτονιοβριθή Λεξιλογία. Τα μηδενίζουμε όλα να πάμε άλλη μια απ' την αρχή; )

Τελικά έκανα βλακεία που άλλαξα την παλιά μου υπογραφή ( "Everything that needs to be said has already been said. But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.") Με βλέπω να την αποκαθιστώ λίαν συντόμως. :cheek:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Push the button! Push the button!

U.N. Out of Ideas, Commissions NSF To Construct Massive Global Reboot Button
An array of reports surfaced Monday evening from multiple media outlets that the National Science Foundation, working at the request of the United Nations, have exhausted all ideas for repairing Earth’s hopelessly broken social and economic structures and have turned their attention to starting the whole damn thing from scratch.
The project, referred to internally as “Operation Hard Reset,” evidently involves construction of a colossal power button somewhere in the desert southwest of Carson City, Nevada, according to government sources speaking on condition of anonymity. Surrounded by a fenced perimeter, the project began moving forward in June 2011, after both the Fukushima nuclear disaster and the premiere episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians’ fifth season made it clear that drastic measures were warranted.
Sources have confirmed the existence of at least two black holes within the structure, caged within complex entropic “shields” generated from a compound of dark matter, ectoplasmic residue, and mitochlorians. The silo itself measures one hundred eighty feet in diameter; the exterior is encased with a thick mold of comfortingly familiar black plastic supplied by Logitech.
Opinions within the “Hard Reset” scientific enclave vary wildly as to the effect a worldwide reboot might have on the planet’s population and existing civilizations. However, most researchers tentatively agree that a cold reboot would reallocate all funds and currencies worldwide equally among all humans worldwide, leaving each of us with an approximate net worth of $.08.
In addition, sources predict that all property, estate, and personal belongings would immediately become free for ownership, a prospect that has many team members excited. “I can’t wait to trade up from my Kia,” confided one senior team member.
:whistle:

Αν και, οπτικά και απτικά τουλάχιστον, θα προτιμούσα τα κουμπιά των Αλέξαινων των Sugababes :inno::

Push it real good. :cheek:

Να βάλουμε το τεχνικό τμήμα του φόρουμ να φτιάξει σκριπτ που να σαρώνει το φόρουμ για ομοιότυπες φράσεις, λέξεις-κλειδιά, εικόνες και βίντεο. Ξέρω και την απάντηση που θα δώσει ο nickel.

Ζαζ, δεν το πιάνω: πώς αποδεικνύονται έτσι οι επιδόσεις του επεξεργαστή;

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Η ιστορία της ανθρωπότητας του Μίλο Μανάρα. Από σύνθετο σκίτσο (όπως εδώ) σε βιντεάκι με υπόκρουση το (αναπόφευκτο) Μπολερό του Ραβέλ. Αξιοπρόσεκτη λεπτομέρεια, ζηλευτή τέχνη. (Αγνοήστε την ανορθογραφία στην αρχή...)

bernardina

Όσοι πιστοί προσέλθετε. Αρκεί, βέβαια, να είσαστε κάπου γύρω από τη Θεσσαλονίκη.

ζητουνται συμμετεχοντες για ημερησιο τουρνουα ταβλι την παρασκευη 1/11 και ωρα 4μμ

Για οδηγίες πώς θα βρείτε το μέρος, μην ανησυχείτε: (απο το τουρκικο προξενιο /δεξια στο φαναρι και στη γωνια ειναι το μαγαζι) Για να μην έχει παράπονο και η Μελάνη. :D

Earion

Staff member

Θα σκάσω γιατί μου είναι αδύνατο να θυμηθώ. ... Νομίζω ότι η κοπέλα δίπλα στην πόρτα είναι από το πενάκι Αμερικανού γελοιογράφου..., αν δεν κάνω τεράστιο λάθος.

Δεν κάνεις λάθος, είναι από το πενάκι του ίδιου του Harry Bliss. (Πέντε πρόσωπα από γνωστούς ζωγράφους συν η κοπέλα που παρατηρεί αμήχανα γύρω της).

Zazula

Administrator
Staff member
Διασκεδάστε με προ πτήσεως οδηγίες; Ναι, χάρη στη Virgin, διασκεδάστε και με αυτό! :)

Η Μπέρνι μου είπε ευγενικά-ευγενικά να τσακιστώ να έρθω να βάλω εδώ αυτό το τεστ .
Για να σας δω... Πόσοι από σας χρησιμοποιείτε εξίσου και τις δυο πλευρές του εγκεφάλου σας;