Άκου να δεις: Απίθανες πληροφορίες που περνάνε από τα χέρια του μεταφραστή

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
... Δεν ξέρω ποιο να πρωτοδιαλέξω, οπότε εδώ η σελίδα. Μην ξεχάσετε να κοιτάξετε και την αναζήτηση για "ερπετοειδή". Ένα από τα δεύτερα λέει κάτι για τον Μ. Αλέξανδρο!

In that company, I'd pick this one, the 9th from the top: "crawly: creepy". Rhymes with Aleister, too. :devil:

Σοβαρά τώρα, GWord: «reptilian = ερπετόμορφος, ερπετοειδής, ερπετώδης» και «Η λ. μαρτυρείται από το 1890 στην εφημερίδα Ακρόπολις».

Περαστικά, κι αυτά και τα δικά σου. :)

Χίλια ευχαριστώ! Αν σου πω ότι το ερπετόμορφος ούτε που πέρασε από το μυαλό μου; Τώρα βέβαια τις προάλλες είχα να μεταφράσω το "morpheme" και καθόμουν και το κοίταζα οπότε άστα να πάνε.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
11 Obscure References in Classic Songs —Explained

1. “You had one eye in the mirror as you watched yourself gavotte.”

2. “Some people call me Maurice, ‘cause I speak of the pompatus of love.”

3, 4, and 5. “Traveling in a fried-out Kombi” ... “He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich” ... “Where beer does flow and men chunder”

6. “You'd see 'em wearin' their baggies, Huarache sandals, too”

7. “The whole rhythm section was the Purple Gang”

8. “Warm smell of colitas rising up through the air”

9 and 10. “Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the fandango?” ... “Bismillah! No!”

11. “And if I haver, yeah I know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be the man who's havering to you.”

Γίνεται και κουίζ, για άλλους εύκολο, για άλλους πιο δύσκολο:

Πριν πάτε εκεί που παραπέμπει το λίνκι από πάνω, βρείτε το τραγούδι απ' όπου προέρχεται ο στίχος.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Τι κερδίζω; :p

Sweet words of pizmotality and the puppetutes of love :D :

The Letter - Vernon Green and The Medallions

“Pompatus” is, indeed, a made-up word, but Mr. Miller didn’t exactly coin it. He has admitted in the past to have been influenced by a 1954 doo-wop hit by the Medallions called “The Letter.” Written by Vernon Green, the song contains the line “Oh my darling, let me whisper sweet words of pizmotality and discuss the puppetutes of love.” According to Green, he’d made up the word “puppetutes” to describe his fantasy paper-doll, or puppet-like, girl. In a “’scuse me while I kiss this guy” moment, Miller transposed “puppetutes” into “pompatus.”
mentalfloss.com/article/32295/11-obscure-references-classic-songs—explained

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
11 Obscure References in Classic Songs —Explained
Γίνεται και κουίζ, για άλλους εύκολο, για άλλους πιο δύσκολο:
Πριν πάτε εκεί που παραπέμπει το λίνκι από πάνω, βρείτε το τραγούδι απ' όπου προέρχεται ο στίχος.

10 More Obscure References in Classic Rock Songs —Explained

1. “Sweet, sweet Connie, doin' her act, She had the whole show and that's a natural fact.”
“Up all night with Freddie King; I got to tell you, poker's his thing.”

2. “I hope Neil Young will remember a Southern man don't need him around anyhow”… “Now Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers”

3. “Got brass in pocket, got bottle, I’m gonna use it”
“Been driving, Detroit leaning”… “Got a new skank, so reet”

4. “Maybe I should buy some old tab collars?” … “How about a pair of pink sidewinders and a bright orange pair of pants? You could really be a Beau Brummel, baby”

5. “She keeps a Moët et Chandon in her pretty cabinet”

6. “Blinky thumps the gut bass and solos for a while. Poorboy twangs the rhythm out on his kalamazoo.”

7. “Tellin' other things, but your girlfriend lied; Can't catch me cause the rabbit done died.”

8. “You consider me the young apprentice caught between the Scylla and Charybdis.”

9. “Let's run off behind a shady tree, dribble off those Bobbie Brooks let me do what I please.”

10. “I saw Lon Chaney, Jr. walking with the Queen doing the werewolves of London. I saw a werewolf drinking a piña colada at Trader Vic's…”

Πέρα από τις τριβιδιακές αναφορές και τις εξηγήσεις τους —για άλλους ενδιαφέρουσες, για άλλους όχι— άλλο ένα κουίζ σαν το αποπάνω.

Και το τελευταίο κομμάτι, του Γουόρεν Ζίβον, γιατί εκτός από το ηχηρό «αχού» του ρεφρέν του, από την πρώτη φορά που το άκουσα (από την εκπομπή του Γιάννη Πετρίδη στην ΕΡΑ, το '78 που βγήκε) μου έχει κολλήσει ο παρηχητικός του στίχος «little old lady got mutilated dead last night» —ο οποίος, με τα δέλτα και τα λάμδα του, νομίζω πως θ' αρέσει και στον Θέμη, επομένως αφιερωμένο:

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Ελπίζω να μην το έχουμε κι αυτό χωμένο κάπου αλλού εδώ μέσα:

Οταν ο πιανίστας Αντρέ Τσαϊκόφσκι πέθανε το 1982 σε ηλικία 46 ετών, δώρισε το σώμα του στην επιστήμη. Στη διαθήκη του ανέφερε επίσης ότι θα έπρεπε να προσφέρουν το σώμα του στη Royal Shakespeare Company για να χρησιμοποιηθεί σε θεατρικές παραστάσεις. Ως πρόσφατα οι ηθοποιοί θεωρούσαν πολύ μακάβρια την επιθυμία του και δεν την πραγματοποιούσαν παρά μόνο σε πρόβες. Οπως αποκαλύφθηκε χθες, η μεταθανάτια θεατρική εμφάνιση του Τσαϊκόφσκι έγινε τελικά και σε επίσημη παράσταση. Ο σκηνοθέτης Γκρεγκ Ντόραν δήλωσε σε συνέντευξή του στην Daily Μail ότι το κρανίο που κρατούσε ο ηθοποιός Ντέιβιντ Τέναντ σε μια σκηνή του «Αμλετ» ήταν αληθινό και ανήκε στον πιανίστα. Οπως είπε, θεώρησε ότι αυτή η τακτική θα κάνει την παράσταση ανατρεπτική και ταυτόχρονα θα απογειώσει την ερμηνεία του Τέναντ.
http://www.tovima.gr/culture/article/?aid=244334

[André] Tchaikowsky died of colon cancer at the age of 46 in Oxford. In his will he left his body to medical research, and donated his skull to the Royal Shakespeare Company, asking that it be used as a prop on stage. Tchaikowsky hoped that his skull would be used for the skull of Yorick in productions of Hamlet. For many years, no actor or director felt comfortable using a real skull in performances, although it was occasionally used in rehearsals. In 2008, the skull was finally held by David Tennant in a series of performances of Hamlet at the Courtyard Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon. After the use of Tchaikowsky's skull was revealed in the press, this production of Hamlet moved to the West End and the RSC announced that they would no longer use Tchaikowsky's skull (a spokesman said that it would be "too distracting for the audience"). However, this was a deception; in fact, the skull was used throughout the production's West End run, and in a subsequent television adaptation broadcast on BBC2. Director Gregory Doran said, "Andre Tchaikowsky's skull was a very important part of our production of Hamlet, and despite all the hype about him, he meant a great deal to the company."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/André_Tchaikowsky#Skull

String Quartet No. 2 by Andre Tchaikowsky featuring the Lindsay String Quartet

Μου άνοιξες πληγή τώρα. Πόσο θά 'θελα να 'χω ένα ανθρώπινο κρανίο σπίτι μου!

Ή από το οστεοφυλάκιο κάποιου χωριού. Έχω δει και χύμα, αφύλακτα. Άκου τι λέμε, βραδιάτικα...

Μου άνοιξες πληγή τώρα. Πόσο θά 'θελα να 'χω ένα ανθρώπινο κρανίο σπίτι μου!
Κάνα παππού δεν έχεις;

Εγώ σκέφτομαι να συναρμολογήσω τον πατέρα μου και να τον αναρτήσω στο σαλόνι, αλλά φοβάμαι μήπως μετακομίσει όλη η υπόλοιπη οικογένεια μετά. :woot: