metafrasi banner

six days to Sunday / six ways to Sunday = με χίλιους δυο τρόπους, με κάθε δυνατό τρόπο

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Προσέξτε πόσες εναλλακτικές φράσεις δίνει το Wiktionary στο λήμμα six ways to Sunday — και δεν είναι όλες:

two ways to Sunday, three ways to Sunday, four ways to Sunday, five ways to Sunday, seven ways to Sunday, eight ways to Sunday, nine ways to Sunday, ten ways to Sunday, twelve ways to Sunday, twenty ways to Sunday, forty ways to Sunday, hundred ways to Sunday, six ways from Sunday

Και δεν είναι όλες γιατί εκτός από τον αριθμό που αλλάζει λες και είναι νούμερο στο χρηματιστήριο, υπάρχουν και άλλες τόσες εκδοχές με το days to Sunday. Πάρτε μια γεύση:
http://www.google.com/search?q="days+to+Sunday"+OR+"ways+to+Sunday"+OR+"ways+from+Sunday"

Υπάρχει ταινία με τίτλο Six Ways to Sunday. Τα παραδείγματα από το Wiktionary:

six ways to Sunday (not comparable)
(idiomatic, colloquial) thoroughly, completely, in every way imaginable
  • 1997: G.I. Jane (movie)
    He will fry me six ways to Sunday for sending daughters and young mothers off to war -- and, quite possibly, for bringing them back in body bags.
  • 2004: Frasier (TV, episode 11.13)
    If she chips so much as one of my porcelain piggies, I'll sue her six ways to Sunday!
  • 2010, Regina Perry - I Kissed a Girl: A Virgin Lesbian Anthology
    Her eyes were the color of bittersweet chocolate, made up in that sexy smudged I've-just-been-fucked-six-ways-from-Sunday look that I could never emulate without looking like I'd been sucker punched.

skol

Την ίδια χρονιά με το Six Ways to Sunday γυρίστηκε και το Devil's Advocate όπου υπάρχει η παρακάτω διαβολική ρήση:

There's this beautiful girl just fucked me forty ways from Sunday... we're done, she's walking to the bathroom, she's trying to walk, she turns... she looks... it's me. Not the Trojan army just fucked her. Little ol' me. She gets this look on her face like: "How the hell did that happen?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhDhbMulK_w

Αλλά η αγαπημένη μου σατανική ατάκα είναι η αμέσως επόμενη:
I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt

skol

Παραδόξως στο Wiktionary δεν υπάρχει ο υπερθετικός βαθμός: every way to/from Sunday