metafrasi banner

polyiodide

Baltazar

Καμία πρόταση για το polyiodide anion exchange resins;

Ευχαριστώ προκαταβολικά.

Alexandra

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ας αρχίσουμε από τις ρητίνες ανιονικής ανταλλαγής.

To polyiodide μεταφράζεται πολυϊωδιούχο.

Πολυϊωδιούχες ρητίνες ανιονικής ανταλλαγής, θα έλεγα = strong base anion exchange resins containing high concentrations of pentaiodide (I5 -).

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Πολυϊωδιούχες ρητίνες ανταλλαγής ανιόντων.

Ίσως να προτιμούσα τις πολυϊωδιούχες ρητίνες ιοντοανταλλαγής, αλλά μάλλον θα θέλεις να βολευτεί και το anion.

Edit: Επ, με πρόλαβε η τρισυναδέλφισσα (τρις: στη χημεία, στον υποτιτλισμό και στο μοδερατοριλίκι εδώ). :-)

Alexandra

Super Moderator
Staff member
Βρίσκω εδώ μια επιστημονική εργασία κάποιου κυρίου Μάτη που μιλάει για ανιονική ανταλλαγή.

Αλλά και η ανιονική ρητίνη ανταλλαγής ιόντων είναι σωστή.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Βρίσκω εδώ μια επιστημονική εργασία κάποιου κυρίου Μάτη που μιλάει για ανιονική ανταλλαγή.

Ναι, πιο καλά βολεύεται το anion exchange με την ανιονική ανταλλαγή παρά με το «ανταλλαγής ανιόντων» (πλην μία γενική, συν ένα επίθετο).

Εκτός αν είναι κανείς πολύ λαρτζ και γράφει και ανιονική και ιονανταλλακτική: http://www.temak.gr/site/gr/products/water_treatment_systems/ion_exchange_resins/anionic/. *Πλεπλεονασμός. :-)

Baltazar

Μπορώ να πω "ανιοντοανταλλαγή" ή "ανιοντοανταλλακτικός"; Δηλ. Πολυϊωδιούχες ρητίνες ανιοντοανταλλαγής ή πολυϊωδιούχες ανιοντοανταλλακτικές ρητίνες;

Baltazar

Ή να επιλέξω κάτι πιο απλό, όπως "πολυϊωδιούχες ρητίνες ανταλλαγής ανιόντων";

Τα έχει πει και ο nickel εδώ (όπου τεκμηριώνει και την επιλογή «ανιοντική» αντί για «ανιονική»).

So, if you combine that with Alex's input, you get ρητίνες ανταλλαγής πολυιωδιούχων ανιόντων, and you're good to go, girl! ;=)

IMHO, this isn't correct - see the definition of polyiodide anion exchange resins in #2.

CoastalFog

That's right, dharvatis.
Forgot to mention that too.

BUT...I haven't found any hits on ιωδιούχες ρητίνες anywhere, just ιωδιούχα ανιόντα.
Which is why I believe polyiodide qualifies the anions not the resins.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
... Indeed, you can mix and match word segments to check terms online.
I got ιωδιούχα ανιόντα

Then came ρητίνη ανταλλαγής ανιόντων per Eur-Lex.

Please see the link on "ανταλλαγής ανιόντων" in post #5, Coastal, straight from the horse's mouth.

So, if you combine that with Alex's input, you get ρητίνες ανταλλαγής πολυιωδιούχων ανιόντων, and you're good to go, girl! ;=)
We can mix and match word segments online all we like, but I'm certain you know that mixing substances and the respective terms is a whole other story. I would recommend extreme caution, since improper combinations in Chemistry may very well lead to "good to blow":

BUT...I haven't found any hits on ιωδιούχες ρητίνες anywhere, just ιωδιούχα ανιόντα.
Which is why I believe polyiodide qualifies the anions not the resins.

Τα πολυϊωδιούχα είναι εξ ορισμού ανιόντα.
(And I must insist on the diaeresis in "πολυϊωδιούχα," otherwise it would be read as "πολυωδιούχα.")

Btw, expert opinions should count more than google hits or nohits, and both Alexandra and yours truly have majored in Chemistry, so our "guesses" are well informed. :-)

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Μπορώ να πω "ανιοντοανταλλαγή" ή "ανιοντοανταλλακτικός"; Δηλ. Πολυϊωδιούχες ρητίνες ανιοντοανταλλαγής ή πολυϊωδιούχες ανιοντοανταλλακτικές ρητίνες;

Γενικά είμαι υπέρ της σύνθεσης, και στη Χημεία συνηθίζεται πολύ (λεκτική και μη), αλλά εδώ θα πρότεινα να μην το παρακάνουμε. Όπως λες κι εσύ στο #7, θα διάλεγα κάτι πιο απλό (και πιο ευανάγνωστο, εύηχο και διαχειρίσιμο μανιτζέβελο στο γράψιμο), δηλαδή το #2 ή το #3.

Τα έχει πει και ο nickel εδώ (όπου τεκμηριώνει και την επιλογή «ανιοντική» αντί για «ανιονική»).

This dog does learn new tricks, but old habits die hard. Woof. :-)

Ωραία! Βρήκα και γιουτουμπάκι για το νήμα, που είχα σπάσει το κεφάλι τι να ταιριάξω με τις ρητίνες.

Old habits die hard - Mick Jagger

CoastalFog

IMHO, this isn't correct - see the definition of polyiodide anion exchange resins in #2.

daeman boy, you crack me up, you know that, right?
In fact, you're officially a rock star now!

Dude, you know that "opinions" are only as good as the facts they're based on.
I'm still to see some evidence of your opinion. It wouldn't be a nicety, it's a necessity.

As I said, I can't document "πολυϊωδιούχες ρητίνες" so far. Only ions, anions, cations and maybe...just maybe...some onions!
Depends on who's cooking what ;-)

PS
both Alexandra and yours truly have majored in Chemistry
Of course! Didn't you see that in her resume?
...πρώην Διευθύντρια στο Γενικό Χημείο του Κράτους.

good to blow
You make it sound like it's something... bad?
No! That'd be awesome, dude! :devil:

Alexandra

Super Moderator
Staff member
Of course! Didn't you see that in her resume? ...πρώην Διευθύντρια στο Γενικό Χημείο του Κράτους.
Υπερβολαί! Στην ταπεινή Δευτεροβάθμια Εκπαίδευση έδινα τα φώτα μου. :cry::blush::D

CoastalFog

Thx for confirming, Palavra.

[DOC just removed his comment? While I was answering him?]

Thx Doc, yeah I saw that Eur-Lex hit too [πολυϊωδιούχες ρητίνες]. But you google that and what d'you get? Just that ONE result only! What does that mean, Bob? It means your antennas should start quivering ;-)

One swallow does not a summer make
, said Aristotle just... recently.

That means there are not enough instances to justify a generalization. And as we learned in college, limited intelligence is of limited value. (Gee, I need to fill out my profile one of these days)

As I said upfront, polyiodide qualifies the anion, not the resin part.
Daeman confirmed that in #12.
Wikipedia defines iodide as one of the largest monatomic anions. Do I need to say more?

So, I do stand by my rendition.

Btw, we don't have to be chemists, or doctors, or lawyers ourselves to translate related documents. If we did, then we'd have no right to translate this stuff, and Lexilogia per se would have no raison d’être ;-)

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member
Btw, we don't have to be chemists, or doctors, or lawyers ourselves to translate related documents. If we did, then we'd have no right to translate this stuff, and Lexilogia per se would have no raison d’être ;-)
As a legal translator, I agree with you, of course. We do, however, need to be fully familiar with what we translate, meaning we have to understand the subject matter at hand, and not rely on dictionaries or Google hits. This is why we need forums like this one: in order to find subject matter experts who can save the day :)