metafrasi banner

Inspective gesture

Severus

Γεια σας και πάλι!
Πώς θα μεταφράζατε το gesture σε αυτό το συγκείμενο; Αφορά, αυτή τη φορά, την εκπαίδευση των επιθεωρητών εργασίας. Είναι όρος του ILO.

Πρόκειται για παράθεση από αυτήν την πηγή: https://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/p...cuments/instructionalmaterial/wcms_619788.pdf

Practical assessment form, based in: •Reports of the inspective actions •Quality and appropriateness of the proposed inspection procedures •Reports of other activities •Behavior •Inspective gesture

Ίσως επαγγελματική συμπεριφορά;

Severus

Πρέπει να είναι χειρονομίες, όντως.
ιδ) Σήµα δια χειρονοµιών: Kίνηση ή/και θέση των βραχιόνων ή/και των χεριών σύµφωνα µε κωδική µορφή για την καθοδήγηση ατόµων που εκτελούν χειρισµούς οι οποίοι ενέχουν υπαρκτό ή πιθανό κίνδυνο για τους εργαζοµένους.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Ωραίος όρος η «επιθεωρητική χειρονομία». Να καταλάβαινα και τη σημασία της...

cougr

¥
Μάλλον αναφέρεται όπως γράφει και ο Severus, στην χρήση σημάτων ασφάλειας μέσω χειρονομιών από τους επιθεωρητές, κατά τη διάρκεια επιθεώρησης και ελέχγου όπου τίθεται θέμα κινδύνου. Π.χ. στην επιθεώρηση διάφορων μηχανημάτων, ειδικών οχημάτων κτλ.

ΥΓ: θα μπορούσε να αποδοθεί και ως "χειρονομίες επιθεώρησης"😊
(Μάλλον λείπει ένα s - inspective gestures είναι κάπως καλύτερο)

Last edited:
Εγώ πάλι δεν μπορώ να φανταστώ τι εννοεί και, επειδή δεν βλέπω να χρησιμοποιείται αλλού εκτός από το συγκεκριμένο εγχειρίδιο, αναρωτιέμαι αν έχει γίνει κάποιο λάθος: μήπως τυχόν είναι κακή μετάφραση από τα γαλλικά, π.χ. του gestion;

pontios

Εγώ πάλι δεν μπορώ να φανταστώ τι εννοεί και, επειδή δεν βλέπω να χρησιμοποιείται αλλού εκτός από το συγκεκριμένο εγχειρίδιο, αναρωτιέμαι αν έχει γίνει κάποιο λάθος: μήπως τυχόν είναι κακή μετάφραση από τα γαλλικά, π.χ. του gestion;
Ναι ... πρέπει να είναι κακή μετάφραση.
Safety Inspector Hand Signals vs Inspective Gestures ... I know which one I would prefer.

Last edited:

cougr

¥
Given that "inspective gesture" isn't a standard expression (hence my reference to "κάπως καλύτερο") I'm hazarding a guess that it refers to the basic safety hand signals taught to and utilised by on-site occupational inspectors.

Edit: Cross-posted with pontios
Lol, I just saw your post now, pontios 🤣

Last edited:
Ως προς το "gestures" τουλάχιστον, βλέπω σε ΠΔ να αποδίδεται ως "σήματα μέσω χειρονομιών"

Severus

Τι θα λέγατε για το "χειρονομιακός επιθεωρητικός κώδικας"/"χειρονομιακός κώδικας επιθεωρητών";

cougr

¥
Τι θα λέγατε για το "χειρονομιακός επιθεωρητικός κώδικας"/"χειρονομιακός κώδικας επιθεωρητών";

Κττμγ αυτά παραπέμπουν αλλού και περιπλέκουν περισσότερο την υπόθεση.

pontios

Αυτό το (misnomer/bad translation) "Inspective Gesture" μπορεί να αναφέρεται στο Body Language του εκπαιδευμένου;
Τώρα που το ξανά σκέφτηκα, επειδή αναφερόμαστε εδώ σε μια προκαταρκτική διαδικασία αξιολόγησης και επιλογής (to select the best trainee Inspectors to be further trained), νομίζω ότι ένα από τα κριτήρια μπορεί να είναι η "γλώσσα του σώματος" ... (αυτό το Inpective Gesture).

Inspective Gesture (bad translation) = the body language/non-verbal communication exhibited by the trainee inspector during the safety inspection visit (as noted/assessed by the senior Safety Inspector accompanying the trainee)?
This would be an actual on-site visit.

Aξιολογείται η "μη λεκτική" επικοινωνία ... αν ο εκπαιδευμένος αποπνέει εμπιστοσύνη, κύρος και αξιοπιστία κατά την διάρκεια της επίσκεψης - με την χειραψία του, κτλ;

Last edited:

pontios

εκπαιδευόμενου/εκπαιδευόμενος (please correct, above) ... I blame my spell checker (not lack of diligence). ;-)

Last edited:

cougr

¥
The thought that it could be referring to body language had also crossed my mind but I quickly dismissed the idea when I saw in the reference supplied, that "inspective gesture" was listed as a subject together with " inspection activity guidelines". Furthermore, most of the other subjects in that table were related to risk, safety and accidents etc. There was also a seperate subject titled "communication and interpersonal skill" in which case anything relating to body language would've logically been paired there.

pontios

The thought that it could be referring to body language had also crossed my mind but I quickly dismissed the idea when I saw in the reference supplied, that "inspective gesture" was listed as a subject together with " inspection activity guidelines". Furthermore, most of the other subjects in that table were related to risk, safety and accidents etc. There was also a seperate subject titled "communication and interpersonal skill" in which case anything relating to body language would've logically been paired there.
If you notice, "inspective gestures" appears only on the Evaluation Methods side on page 35. Which leads me to believe that what is being evaluated is the body language of the trainee inspector (how they used their gestures/body language to communicate non-verbally during the actual on-site visit).
And it makes sense that under "Subject/Activities" appears "gestures" ... a lesson (and the theory behind) on using body language to convey your authority, confidence (so as to garner respect at the workplace during inspection).

On page 35/59:
•"Gesture and professional ethics" appears under "Subject/Activities," whereas "inspective gesture" appears only under the "Evaluation Methods" heading.

Last edited:

pontios

Also, going back to page 35/59:
•"Gesture and professional ethics" appears under "Subject/Activities - and (if you notice), it comprises the 1st Phase "Theoretical" portion of the Initial Training/Internship," whereas "inspective gesture" which appears (only) under the "Evaluation Methods" heading, comprises the 2nd Phase "Practical" part of the Initial Training/Internship.
So, in Phase 1 comes the theory on how to use gestures/body language, followed by Phase 2 which is the evaluation on how the trainee actually used their body language and non-verbal communication during their on-site inspection and visit (as assessed by the accompanying Senior Safety Inspector)?
It makes sense to me, anyway. :cautious:

Last edited:

cougr

¥
It's a conundrum that I don't think we can adequately solve. I just hope that Severus can communicate with the writers, otherwise we're all just speculating.

pontios

I can't be certain, of course, but I find it interesting that the same thought crossed your mind.

We are dealing with a bad translation, and "gesture" (as we've both sensed) is really not that far removed from "non-verbal communication"/"body language," and everything seems to point in this direction, reinforce the idea (for me) and fit, that's all.

And anything is better than trying to find a good translation into Greek working from a bad translation into English (with "Inspective Gesture").

Last edited:

cougr

¥
I can't be certain, of course, but I find it interesting that the same thought crossed your mind......
I know for a fact that workplace inspectors typically undergo significant training in body language, conflict resolution, and presentation skills etc. so it did cross my mind momentarily.

pontios

Thanks, cougr.
I wasn't aware that body language was typically involved in their training.
So, knowing this now has made me a little more certain.

Severus

@cougr + @pontios : Ευχαριστώ για τις χρήσιμες πληροφορίες. Συμπεριέλαβα τη γλώσσα του σώματος στη μετάφραση και σε παρένθεση έβαλα χρήση σημάτων μέσω χειρονομιών, για να είμαι πλήρως καλυμένος.