metafrasi banner

belt and braces

Severus

Καλή Κυριακή σε όλους!
Προσπαθώ να βρω μια δόκιμη απόδοση για την παγιωμένη έκφραση "belt and braces" (ζώνη και τιράντες), η οποία αναφέρεται στη χρήση δύο διαφορετικών μέσων για να επιτευχθεί το ίδιο αποτέλεσμα, π.χ. η ασφάλιση της πόρτας και με σύρτη και με κλειδί/κλειδαριά.
Παράδειγμα χρήσης:
‘the envelope was sealed with tape and staples, a real belt and braces job’

Πώς θα την αποδίδατε εσείς;
Ευχαριστώ!

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Κάπου θα χωράει το «παρέχει διπλή ασφάλεια», αλλά είναι τόσες οι διαφορετικές συντάξεις και χρήσεις που θα μας βάλω την πρόκληση να βρούμε πετυχημένες διατυπώσεις για όλα τα παραδείγματα του διαδικτυακού ODE:

1. Of course that will not stop all viruses and there really is no reason why, on a computer costing many hundreds of pounds, you should not spend less than £50 on anti-virus software, belt and braces if you like.
  2. It may be an attempt at a get out or a legal belt and braces against inevitable environmental criticism if the plan is approved.
  3. But it has always been their way to make sure that things are done in a belt and braces way, very solid job, and plenty of agent, plenty of weapons, whatever weapons system they have developed they have always over-produced.
  4. I believe that my amendment does give belt and braces to ensure that in the very rare likelihood that that happened, there would at least be a court registrar or District Court judge ensuring that the proper process had taken place.
  5. In a belt and braces move, the caveats have been removed from the Attorney General's legal advice. Lying by omission is still lying.
  6. Yet in spite of this belt and braces approach, with those who can influence such situations expressing concerns, we had this situation.
  7. ‘I have taken a belt and braces approach to make it absolutely safe and legal,’ he said.
  8. But we used to have a belt and braces approach-not just detonators on the line to give an audible warning, but also a lookout, and often derailers, which would stop anything getting near the worksite.
  9. Essentially, its a belt and braces approach,’ Chief Inspector Ashcroft told us.
  10. I think that you will agree that we have taken a belt and braces approach in attempting to guarantee your worst case bottom line profit.
  11. It is very much a belt and braces approach in relation to derivatives.
  12. Honestly, how much belt and braces does the Minister need to give himself to keep the Government safe?
  13. I suspect it may turn out to be a belt and braces kind of problem.
  14. In a belt and braces recommendation, the report suggests that people use a hands-free kit while ensuring that the phone is not placed in contact with other parts of the body.

Severus

Το φύλαγε τα ρούχα σου να 'χεις τα μισά θα ήταν δόκιμο, π.χ. για το 1ο παράδειγμα;
Το παρέχει διπλή ασφάλεια/προστασία είναι, νομίζω, πολύ καλή απόδοση.

cougr

¥
Κάπου θα χωράει το «παρέχει διπλή ασφάλεια»,
Επίσης, «πρόσθετη/ επιπρόσθετη ασφάλεια», «πρόσθετα μέτρα ασφαλείας», «ύψιστη ασφάλεια».

Για το «belts and braces approach»:
-ιδιαίτερα προσεκτική προσέγγιση
-ασφαλής προσέγγιση
- εκ του ασφαλούς προσέγγιση

Last edited:
Μια πολύ λιτή προσέγγιση θα ήταν το «διπλο-»: Ο φάκελος ήταν διπλοσφραγισμένος, και με κολλητική ταινία και με συρραπτικό.