ορκίζω

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member
Βρεγμένες καλημέρες :)
Πώς θα λέγατε στα αγγλικά το ρήμα του τίτλου; Με ενδιαφέρει στη φράση «εγώ ο συμβολαιογράφος [μπλαμπλαμπλά και ξανά μπλαμπλά] αφού όρκισα το μάρτυρα [κτλ]». Δε σας λέω τι έχω γράψει, για να μη σας επηρεάσω.
Ευχαριστώ!

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Swear in.

+1.

Notaries may administer oaths and affirmations to public officials and officers of various organizations. They may also administer oaths and affirmations in order to execute jurats for affidavits/verifications, and to swear in witnesses.
New Jersey Notary Public Manual, State of New Jersey

For several months, on two or three mornings a week, I reported to the Nasdaq office to swear in deponents -- mostly stock brokers, flanked by their Wall Street lawyers. Since I could walk from my apartment at the Watergate to K Street, I always had to wait for others, stuck in traffic, to arrive. But that was fine with me.
"The Fascinating Life of a Notary Public -- Honest, I Swear," Washington Post

The most common notarial acts in the United States are the taking of acknowledgements and oaths. Many professions may require a person to double as a notary public, which is why US court reporters are often notaries as this enables them to swear in witnesses (deponents) when they are taking depositions, and secretaries, bankers, and some lawyers are commonly notaries public.
http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Notary_public

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member
Σας ευχαριστώ. Η λύση μου ως τώρα ήταν αυτή που προτείνει ο Εάριος :)