Δε σε 'χω τίποτα

From slang.gr:

— Εμένα να προσέχεις πως μου μιλάς, δε σε 'χω και τίποτα, να ξες....
— Θα με κλάσεις! Φάε λάδι και έλα βράδυ...

Is the above dialogue a string of insults? What does the phrase in bold mean? 'I consider you as worth nothing', you should know'?:twit:

I would interpret Δεν σ' έχω και τίποτα as meaning "we have no relation (buddies, relatives etc.)", so "how dare you speaking to me in such a way?"
Watch your tongue, I am not your (whatever)

SBE

¥
They mean I am not related to you.

- Τί τον έχεις το Γιώργο;
- Αδερφός μου είναι.
- Πηγαιναμε μαζί σχολείο
- Τίποτα. Γείτονας του ξαδερφού μου είναι.
How are you related to George?
He's my brother or we used to go to school together or no relation, he's a neighbour of my cousin's.

Thanks, SBE. I knew the phrase Δεν σ' έχω ανάγκη but I couldn't make sense of this phrase & clearly misread Sarant. Guilty as charged....

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Although that "δε σ' έχω τίποτα" is commonly interpreted as Sarant writes above, in this case it could very well be used defiantly in a heated argument before a fight as Theseus interprets it: "I think nothing of you" (usually "Δε σ' έχω για τίποτα" but that "για" may be omitted here). At least I've heard it used that way in such a swagger face-off. Not in this one:

("I fart in your general direction, your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries"):

but in others, live. The context doesn't help much, though.

My attempted translation seemed to fit the context but it is heartening to hear from 'Man that this expression can mean what I surmised. Thanks to all for their invaluable help. :)

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member
This is not correct.

It's κλάσε μου / θα μου κλάσεις τ΄ αρχίδια, which literally means "you're gonna fart (on) my bollocks" and conveys the meaning of "you can't do nothing to me" or, maybe even better, "you're powerless, I'm not in the least afraid of you".
It could be correct if the speaker is from Northern Greece.

Τhis phrase is very often used as «θα μου κλάσεις (ενν. τ'αρχίδια)», so if you substitute the genitive for the dative you get Theseus' version.