metafrasi banner

you can take that all the way to the bank = γκαραντί | cry, laugh etc. all the way to the bank = παρηγοριέμαι με τις εισπράξεις

i) can take it all the way to the bank
Fig. able to depend on the truthfulness of one's statement: it is not counterfeit or bogus; to be able to bank on something. --Believe me. What I am telling you is the truth. You can take it to the bank.
--This information is as good as gold. You can take it to the bank.:rolleyes:

ii) cry all the way to the bank
Fig. to make a lot of money on something that one ought to be ashamed of.
--Jane: Have you read the new book by that romance novelist? They say it sold a million copies, but it's so badly written that the author ought to be ashamed of herself.
--Alan: I'm sure she's crying all the way to the bank.
--That dreadful movie had no artistic merit. I suppose the people who produced it are crying all the way to the bank.:angry:

iii) laugh all the way to the bank
Fig. to be very happy about money that has been earned by doing something that other people might think is unfair or that they criticised.
--He may not be in the nicest business, but he is doing well and can laugh all the way to the bank.
-- She makes tons of money doing what no one else will do and laughs all the way to the bank. ;)

I don't know whether these three threads are to be treated separately so I have numbered them for colleagues to give separate entries. :s

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
2. --Alan: I'm sure she's crying all the way to the bank.
Είμαι σίγουρος ότι παρηγοριέται με τις εισπράξεις.

Next!

drsiebenmal

HandyMod
Staff member
3α. -- She makes tons of money doing what no one else will do.
Βγάζει έναν σκασμό λεφτά κάνοντας αυτά που δεν θέλουν να κάνουν οι άλλοι.
+
3β. -- She laughs all the way to the bank.
Κάνει γερές μπάζες.
=>
3. -- She makes tons of money doing what no one else will do and laughs all the way to the bank.
Βγάζει έναν σκασμό λεφτά κάνοντας γερές μπάζες με αυτά που δεν θέλουν να κάνουν οι άλλοι.