This funny thing landed in my email

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Ο σχολιασμός αυτού του επεισοδίου ήταν από τις ευχάριστες δουλειές υποτιτλισμού που έχω κάνει:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=366D4jW3xLM
Ενδεικτικά αναφέρω ότι, αφού τον παρέδωσα, κάθισα και είδα όλο το επεισόδιο που μου είχαν στείλει επικουρικά (σε βίντεο με μέγεθος γραμματόσημου και άθλια ποιότητα), γελώντας πού και πού μεγαλόφωνα μέσα στα μαύρα μεσάνυχτα...:D
Οι δημιουργοί του το διασκεδάζουν σαν παρέα που κάνει χαβαλέ (μεγάλο πλεονέκτημα για σατιρική σειρά, αλλά και μερικές φορές μειονέκτημα για το ξένο κοινό, γιατί έτσι ενσωματώνουν και τις τρέχουσες εμμονές των Αμερικανών), όπως διαπίστωσα βλέποντας και την ομαδική ανάγνωση του σεναρίου.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Η μουσουλμανική εκδοχή του Αδάμ και της Εύας

Attachments

• 1360_muslim_adam_eve_big.jpg
    1360_muslim_adam_eve_big.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 400

tuna

¥
EU official language

(μπορεί να είναι πολύ παλιό - εγώ, πάντως, σήμερα το έλαβα)

European English:

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5-year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter. There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where! more komplikated changes are possible.

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as
replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

drsiebenmal

HandyMod
Staff member
Company Memo
TO: All Employees
DATE: October 1, 2008
RE: Gala Christmas Party

I'm happy to inform you that the company Christmas Party will take place on December 23rd, starting at noon in the private function room at the Grill House.
There will be a cash bar and plenty of drinks! We'll have a small band playing traditional carols.. feel free to sing along. And don't be surprised if our CEO shows up dressed as Santa Claus!
A Christmas tree will be lit at 1:00 PM. Exchanges of gifts among employees can be done at that time; however, no gift should be over $10.00 to make the giving of gifts easy for everyone's pockets.

This gathering is only for employees!
Our CEO will make a special announcement at that time!

Merry Christmas to you and your family,

Patty
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Company Memo
DATE: October 2, 2008
RE: Gala Holiday Party

In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognize that Hanukkah is an important holiday, which often coincides with Christmas, though unfortunately not this year.
However, from now on, we're calling it our "Holiday Party." The same policy applies to any other employees who are not Christians and to those still celebrating Reconciliation Day.
There will be no Christmas tree and no Christmas carols will be sung.

We will have other types of music for your enjoyment.
Happy now?

Happy Holidays to you and your family,
Patty
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Company Memo
DATE: October 3, 2008
RE: Holiday Party

Regarding the note I received from a member of Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table, you didn't sign your name..
I'm happy to accommodate this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, "AA Only", you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. How am I supposed to handle this?

Somebody?

And sorry, but forget about the gift exchange, no gifts are allowed since the union members feel that $10.00 is too much money and the executives believe $10.00 is a little chintzy.

REMEMBER: NO GIFTS EXCHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED.

Patty

Company Memo
To: All Employees
DATE: October 4, 2008
RE: Generic Holiday Party

What a diverse group we are! I had no idea that December 20th begins the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which forbids eating and drinking during daylight hours.

There goes the party! Seriously, we can appreciate how a luncheon at this time of year does not accommodate our Muslim employees' beliefs. Perhaps the Grill House can hold off on serving your meal until the end of the party or else package everything for you to take it home in little foil doggy baggy. Will that work?

Meanwhile, I've arranged for members of Weight Watchers to sit farthest from the dessert buffet, and pregnant women will get the table closest to the restrooms.

Gays are allowed to sit with each other. Lesbians do not have to sit with Gay men, each group will have their own table.
Yes, there will be flower arrangement for the Gay men's table.
To the person asking permission to cross dress, the Grill House asks that no cross-dressing be allowed, apparently because of concerns about confusion in the restrooms. Sorry.

We will have booster seats for short people.
Low-fat food will be available for those on a diet.
I am sorry to report that we cannot control the amount of salt used in the food . The Grill House suggests that people with high blood pressure taste a bite first.

There will be fresh "low sugar" fruits as dessert for diabetics, but the restaurant cannot supply "no sugar" desserts. Sorry!

Did I miss anything?!?!?
Patty
Company Memo
TO: All F*%^ing Employees
DATE: October 5, 2008
RE: The F*%^ing Holiday Party

I've had it with you vegetarian pricks!!! We're going to keep this party at the Grill House whether you like it or not, so you can sit quietly at the table furthest from the "grill of death," as you so quaintly put it, and you'll get your f*%^ing salad bar, including organic tomatoes.

But you know, tomatoes have feelings, too. They scream when you slice them. I've heard them scream. I'm hearing them scream right NOW!

The rest of you f*%^ing wierdos can kiss my *ss. I hope you all have a rotten holiday!

Drive drunk and die,

The B*tch from H*ll!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Company Memo
DATE: October 6, 2008
RE: Patty Lewis and Holiday Party

I'm sure I speak for all of us in wishing Patty Lewis a speedy recovery from her recent nervous breakdown and I'll continue to forward your cards to her at the asylum.

In the meantime, management has decided to cancel our Holiday Party and give everyone the afternoon of the 23rd off with full pay.

Happy Whatever!

Zazula

Administrator
Staff member
Finkelstein and Jesus

Jesus was wandering around Jerusalem when he decided that he really needed a new robe. After looking around for a while, he saw a sign for Finkelstein, the Tailor.

So, he went in and made the necessary arrangements to have Finkelstein prepare a new robe for him. A few days later, when the robe was finished, Jesus tried it on -- and it was a perfect fit!

He asked how much he owed.

Finkelstein brushed him off: "No, no, no, for the Son of God there's no charge! However, may I ask for a small favor. Whenever you give a sermon, perhaps you could just mention that your nice new robe was made by Finkelstein, the Tailor?"

Jesus readily agreed and as promised, extolled the virtues of his Finkelstein robe whenever he spoke to the masses.

A few months later, while Jesus was again walking through Jerusalem, he happened to walk past Finkelstein's shop and noted a huge line of people waiting for Finkelstein's robes.

He pushed his way through the crowd to speak to him and as soon as Finkelstein spotted him he said: "Jesus, Jesus, look what you've done for my business! Would you consider a partnership?"

"Certainly," replied Jesus. "Jesus & Finkelstein it is."

"Oh, no, no," said Finkelstein. "Finkelstein & Jesus. After all, I am the craftsman."

The two of them debated this for some time.

Their discussion was long and spirited, but ultimately fruitful -- and they finally came up with a mutually acceptable compromise.. A few days later, the new sign went up over Finkelstein's shop:

Alexandra

Super Moderator
Staff member

Στο πάρκινγκ του ΑΒ όπου ψωνίζω, είναι συνηθισμένο θέαμα, ένα στα τρία αυτοκίνητα πιάνει δύο θέσεις όταν παρκάρει, αρκετά συχνά βλέπω και κάποιον να πιάνει τρεις θέσεις, και μία φορά έχω δει ακριβώς αυτό το θέαμα, κάποιον χαρακτηριστικό Έλληνα να πιάνει τέσσερις θέσεις.

SBE

¥
Για αυτό το θέμα, Αλεξάνδρα, έχω μαλώσει με πολύ κόσμο, πολλές φορές στην Ελλάδα από τότε που άρχισαν τα μαγαζιά να έχουν πάρκιγκ με θέσεις. Κανένας μα κανένας δεν μπορεί να παρκάρει μέσα στο τετράγωνο του, πια!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexandra

Super Moderator
Staff member
Για αυτό το θέμα, Αλεξάνδρα, εχω μαλώσει με πολύ κόσμο, πολλές φορές στην Ελλάδα από τότε που αρχισαν τα μαγαζιά να έχουν παρκιγκ με θέσεις. Κανενας μα κανένας δεν μπορεί να παρκάρει μεσα στο τετράγωνο του, πια!
Ο μέσος Έλληνας είναι τσαπατσούλης και αδιάφορος στο έπακρο. Όπου λάχει κι ό,τι λάχει. Οπωσδήποτε και σε άλλα κράτη μπορεί να υπάρχουν τσαπατσούληδες άνθρωποι, αλλά φαίνεται ότι μαθαίνουν από νωρίς να κρατάνε την τσαπατσουλιά τους στο σπίτι τους. Όταν βγαίνουν έξω, κινούνται με κάποια τάξη και πειθαρχία που είναι απαραίτητες για να μη μετατρέπεται η καθημερινότητά μας σε κόλαση εκνευρισμού.

Elsa

¥
Το παρακάτω ανέκδοτο μου (ξανα)ήρθε σήμερα με ηλεμήνυμα και καθώς έχει και ένα σχετικό γλωσσικό ενδιαφέρον :D, το μοιράζομαι :

Αγγλικό τηλεπαιχνίδι: στον τελικό για τις 200.000 λίρες έχουν φτάσει ένας ιερέας κι ένας Αυστραλός βοσκός! Έχουν απαντήσει σε όλες τις ερωτήσεις και ισοβαθμούν, οπότε ο παρουσιαστής – προκειμένου να υπάρξει νικητής – υποβάλλει την τελευταία δοκιμασία: να φτιάξουν ένα ποιηματάκι μέσα σε πέντε λεπτά, στο οποίο να εμπεριέχεται απαραιτήτως η λέξη Timbuktu (αφρικανική πόλη, Μαλί).
Οι διαγωνιζόμενοι αποσύρονται και ξεκινά η αντίστροφη μέτρηση... Μόλις ολοκληρώνονται τα πέντε λεπτά, επιστρέφουν. Διαβάζει πρώτος το στιχάκι του ο ιερέας:

I was a father all my life
have no children, no wife
I read the Bible through and through
on my way to Timbuktu

Χειροκροτήματα, συγχαρητήρια, χαμός... Όλοι πιστεύουν ότι είναι ο τελικός νικητής. Ώσπου, έρχεται η σειρά του βοσκού, ο οποίος διαβάζει το εξής:

Tim and I to Brisbane went
met three women, cheap-to-rent
but they were three and we were two…
so, I booked one and Tim booked two!!!

Στο πάρκινγκ του ΑΒ όπου ψωνίζω, είναι συνηθισμένο θέαμα, ένα στα τρία αυτοκίνητα πιάνει δύο θέσεις όταν παρκάρει, αρκετά συχνά βλέπω και κάποιον να πιάνει τρεις θέσεις, και μία φορά έχω δει ακριβώς αυτό το θέαμα, κάποιον χαρακτηριστικό Έλληνα να πιάνει τέσσερις θέσεις.

Δίπλωσα στα γέλια με το ραβασάκι του πρώτου... "...Μαλάκα." :D

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Χριστουγεννιάτικη προθέρμανση:

Και οι τρεις μάγισσες:

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Ο Περικλής ξυπνάει στο κρεβάτι του με έναν τρομερό πονοκέφαλο. Το κεφάλι του πάει να σπάσει. Με το ζόρι ανοίγει τα μάτια του και το πρώτο που βλέπει είναι 2 ασπιρίνες και ένα ποτήρι νερό στο κομοδίνο του. Ανακάθεται και βλέπει τα ρούχα του καθαρά και διπλωμένα στην καρέκλα μπροστά του. Κοιτάζει το δωμάτιο και συνειδητοποιεί ότι όλα είναι πεντακάθαρα και τακτοποιημένα. Βγαίνοντας από το δωμάτιο βλέπει ότι όλο το σπίτι είναι στην εντέλεια. Στην κουζίνα βρίσκει ένα σημείωμα:

«Μωρό μου, θα βρεις το πρωινό σου στο φούρνο. Πήγα να ψωνίσω για να σου μαγειρέψω λαγό το μεσημέρι που ξέρω ότι λατρεύεις. Σ’ αγαπώ».

Πράγματι το πρωινό ήταν στο φούρνο, ζεστό και λαχταριστό. Πάει να καθίσει και κάθεται πάνω σε μια εφημερίδα. Την κοιτάει και προς έκπληξή του είναι η αθλητική του εφημερίδα, το φύλλο της ημέρας!

Εκείνη την στιγμή μπαίνει και ο γιος του στην κουζίνα.
— Καλημέρα, γιε μου, μπορείς να μου πεις τι έγινε χτες;
— Κοίταξε, γύρισες σπίτι στις 5 το πρωί, μεθυσμένος και με λερωμένα ρούχα, γιατί κάπου είχες πέσει στο δρόμο, κουτρουβάλησες και τις σκάλες καθώς ανέβαινες, και από τα νεύρα σου έσπασες το καλό σερβίτσιο και κάτι έπιπλα.
— Και τότε γιατί η μητέρα σου μου έκανε πρωινό, μου αγόρασε εφημερίδα και έχει όλο το σπίτι στην εντέλεια;
— Α, αυτό λες; Η μαμά σε έσυρε στο κρεβάτι και, όταν πήγε να σου βγάλει το παντελόνι, άρχισες να φωνάζεις: «Άσε με ήσυχο, κυρά μου, είμαι παντρεμένος!»

Θεσσαλή από χωριό της ευρύτερης περιοχής, δέχτηκε πρόσκληση και συμμετείχε σε επίδειξη καλλυντικών σε κεντρικό ξενοδοχείο της Αθήνας όπου και φιλοξενήθηκε. Το βράδυ όμως μετά την επίδειξη, κατά τη διάρκεια του μπουφέ ανησύχησαν οι φίλες της επειδή απουσίαζε και δεν την έβρισκαν πουθενά.
Την άλλη μέρα όταν εμφανίστηκε να πάρει το πρωινό της, τη ρώτησαν με αγωνία πού ήταν, μήπως χάθηκε στην Αθήνα; Και εκείνη απάντησε σε άπταιστα τυρναβίτικα: "αφήστι τι έπαθα, πλάλτσα, πλάλτσα, πλάλτσα,
μπαϊλτσα κι μιτά πήγα στου δουμάτιου κι νταμπουκιάσκα..".

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Α, μας βάζ'ς δύσκουλα, φιλινάδα! :)
Προυσπάθεια μιταφράσης: "αφήστε τι έπαθα, πιλάλησα, πιλάλησα, πιλάλησα, μπαΐλντισα και μετά πήγα στο δωμάτιο και ;;;;"
Ημι-θισσαλο-μαθής (ιξ αγχιστείας) απουρεί: Τι κρέν'ς; Τι παναπεί "νταμπουκιάσ(τη)κα"; :confused:

Από το πολύ πλάλημα εννοείται ότι και γκαγκάνιασε και γκάρλιαξε.
(Βαρέθηκε-κουράστηκε και λύσσαξε στη δίψα).