metafrasi banner

Divided Attention Disorder (DAD) = Διαταραχή Διάσπασης της Προσοχής

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Για τη Διαταραχή Ελλειματικής Προσοχής (ΔΕΠ, αγγλικά: Attention Deficit Disorder, ADD) λέει στη W:

ADHD predominantly inattentive (ADHD-PI or ADHD-I) is one of the three subtypes of Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). While ADHD-PI is sometimes still called "attention deficit disorder" (ADD) by the general public, these older terms were formally changed in 1994 in the new Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fourth edition.

Τώρα, μετά την ADD, μας προέκυψε DAD (Divided Attention Disorder), που βλέπω ότι αποδίδεται με τον όρο Διαταραχή Διάσπασης της Προσοχής και συγγνώμη που δεν δίνει καλό ακρωνύμιο.

Divided Attention Disorder? Log off and read a book
By Colm O'Regan Comedian and writer

If you work in an office it's quite possible that you suffer from a condition called DAD. Now don't panic it's not serious and nothing a good book or a long walk won't cure.

My Internet browser has 24 tabs open. Among them are three separate attempts to reply to the same e-mail. My online banking session has timed out, and in the corner of my screen a Twitter feed is a never-ending scroll of news and links. Which I click. And click.

What's wrong with me?

What's wrong, is that I may have Divided Attention Disorder, or DAD. DAD encapsulates the growing phenomenon whereby the constant stream of online information could actually be changing the way our brains work.

I first read about this in a magazine while waiting to get my hair cut. The article is quite lengthy. Ironically the only reason I had the attention span to read all of it was that my local barber-shop has no mobile phone reception.

Συνέχεια στο BBC