metafrasi banner

Best online English to Greek dictionary for Medical terms

cosmasad

Dear friends,

I wonder if you could recommend the best online English to Greek dictionary for Medical terms - and expressions?

I am looking for the Greek translation for Serum Uric Acid but also want to know what the best dictionary would be so that I can look up other expressions..

Thank you.

Cosmas

SBE

¥
The term you are looking for is for lab tests, I presume, in which case in Greek blood test results it is referred to as Ουρικό οξύ. No mention that it is a serum test, possibly because there is no other?
I leave the dictionary recommendation to others who are more up to date, but a dictionary will only help you part way, if you plan to translate medical documents you also need to be familiar with the way they are presented in Greek and with the acronyms and shortcuts used by doctors in Greece. For lab tests the best source, for me at least, has been actual blood test results.

Alexandra

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dear friends,

I wonder if you could recommend the best online English to Greek dictionary for Medical terms - and expressions?

I am looking for the Greek translation for Serum Uric Acid but also want to know what the best dictionary would be so that I can look up other expressions..

Thank you.

Cosmas
Γεια σου, Κοσμά,

Δεν είναι ακριβώς ονλάιν, αλλά μπορείς να κατεβάσεις από αυτόν τον σύνδεσμο σε PDF το λεξικό που χρησιμοποιώ συνήθως.
Elsevier's Dictionary of Medicine and Biology: in English, Greek, German, Italian and Latin, by G. Konstantinidis
Δεν τα έχει όλα, αλλά έχει πάρα πολλά.