metafrasi banner

assonance, alliteration, consonance

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Τρεις όρους έχουν οι Αγγλοσάξονες για τις παρηχήσεις. Ειδικότερα:

alliteration = a poetic or literary effect achieved by using several words that begin with the same or similar consonants, as in “Whither wilt thou wander, wayfarer?” [Encarta]
Και από τον Οιδίποδα τύραννο του Σοφοκλή:
τυφλὸς τά τ' ὦτα τόν τε νοῦν τά τ' ὄμματ' εἶ.

assonance = the similarity of two or more vowel sounds or the repetition of two or more consonant sounds, especially in words that are close together in a poem. [Encarta]
repetition of vowel sounds to create internal rhyming within phrases or sentences [Wikipedia]
As in: on a proud round cloud in a white high night (e.e. cummings)

Consonance is the repetition of a sequence of two or more consonants, but with a change in the intervening vowel: live-love, lean-alone, pitter-patter. W. H. Auden's poem of the 1930s, “’O where are you going?’ said reader to rider,” makes prominent use of this device; the last stanza reads:
“Out of this house”—said rider to reader,
“Yours never will”—said farer to fearer,
“They're looking for you” said hearer to honor,
As he left them there, as he left them there.​
[A Glossary of Literary Terms, M.H. Abrams]

Στα ελληνικά δεν τα έχουμε αποσαφηνίσει τόσο τα πράγματα. Έχουμε τον γενικό όρο παρήχηση για την επανάληψη όμοιων ή ομόηχων φθόγγων, συλλαβών ή λέξεων, συνήθως για την επανάληψη του ίδιου συμφωνικού ήχου, μέσα στον ίδιο στίχο ή στην ίδια φράση. Έχω δει να προτείνονται και άλλοι όροι: ομοιοφωνία, παρονομασία, προσγραμματισμός και συνήχηση. Κάποιοι επιχειρούν την αντιστοίχιση της συνήχησης (του δεύτερου πιο συνηθισμένου όρου μετά την παρήχηση) με το assonance ή το consonance, αλλά δεν έχει επικρατήσει κάτι. Συνήθως χρησιμοποιούμε την παρήχηση, λέμε π.χ. παρήχηση του «τ» ή παρήχηση του «ου», οπότε μια πιο σίγουρη απόδοση των παραπάνω, αν επιβάλλεται να γίνει διάκριση, θα ήταν παρήχηση συμφώνων / συμφωνικών ήχων (alliteration) και παρήχηση φωνηέντων / φωνηεντικών ήχων (assonance).

Για το consonance είναι καλή η αντιστοίχιση με τη συνήχηση (con~ συν~), αλλά θα είναι πάντα απαραίτητη και η εξήγηση.

Άλλες προτάσεις;

shiba

¥
consonant verse

Καλησπέρα!

Μήπως γνωρίζει κάποιος τι είναι ακριβώς το "consonant verse" στην ποίηση;

Θερμά σας ευχαριστώ :)

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Ντισκλέιμερ:
Εγώ δεν είμαι ποιητής
μα μαντιναδολόγος,
μικρός μικρός και ταπεινός
σαν δαίμων λεξιλόγος.

Αυτό το είδες, μήπως σου λύνει την απορία;

Consonance is a stylistic device, most commonly used in poetry and songs, characterized by the repetition of the same consonant two or more times in short succession, as in "pitter patter" or in "all mammals named Sam are clammy".
Consonance should not be confused with assonance, which is the repetition of vowel sounds. Alliteration is a special case of consonance where the repeated consonant sound is at the beginning of each word, as in "few flocked to the fight". Alliteration is usually distinguished from other types of consonance in poetic analysis, and is claimed to have different uses and effect.
Another special case of consonance is sibilance, the use of several sibilant sounds such as /s/ and /sh/. An example is the verse from Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven: "And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain." (This example also contains assonance around the "ur" sound.) Another example of consonance is the word "sibilance" itself.

shiba

¥
Σ' ευχαριστώ.

Περίπου καταλαβαίνω τι είναι, διαβάζοντας και την εξήγηση που μου παρέθεσες... Εν τούτοις, δεν είμαι σίγουρη για την απόδοση της φράσης στα ελληνικά..."Συνηχητικός στίχος";

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
ΛΝΕΓ:

παρήχηση (η) [μτγν.] {-ης κ. -ήσεως | -ήσεις -ήσεων} 1. ΓΛΩΣΣ. η επανάληψη τού ίδιου φθόγγου σε συνεχόμενες συλλαβές ή λέξεις είτε στον γραπτό είτε στον προφορικό λόγο 2. το σχήμα λόγου που δημιουργείται, όταν επαναλαμβάνονται λέξεις ομόηχες ή η ίδια συλλαβή ο ίδιος φθόγγος με σκοπό τη δημιουργία ακουστικών εντυπώσεων (λ.χ. [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]τραγούδι τραγουδήστε μου, χιλιοτραγουδισμένο). — παρηχώ ρ. [μτγν.]

συνήχηση (η) [μτγν.] {-ης κ. -ήσεως | -ήσεις -ήσεων} [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]1.
[/FONT]ΓΛΩΣΣ. η παρήχηση (βλ.λ.) 2. ΦΙΛΟΛ. η όχι απόλυτη ομοιοκαταληξία [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]3. [/FONT][/FONT]ΜΟΥΣ. το σύγχρονο άκουσμα δύο ή περισσοτέρων φθόγγων από ανθρώπινη φωνές ή όργανα. —συνηχητικός -ή -ό συνηχώ ρ. [αρχ.]

Ξαναλέω ότι δεν είμαι αρμόδιος, όμως. :eek: :)
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]​

Δεν έχω σιγουριά για την ορολογία, αλλά σίγουρα θυμάμαι διάκριση ανάμεσα σε συμφωνηεντική και φωνηεντική παρήχηση, που θα αντιστοιχούσαν σε consonace και assonance. Δηλαδή η απόδοση που ζητάς ίσως είναι "στίχος με συμφωνηεντική παρήχηση".

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Καλημέρα. Σας μετέφερα σε παλιότερο νήμα. Θα πρότεινα στίχος με παρήχηση συμφώνων ή συμφωνική παρήχηση. (Ο Θέμης θα καταλάβει αμέσως γιατί υπάρχει φωνηεντική και συμφωνική.)

:eek: Το κατάλαβε, αλλά είπαμε: γράφει πριν σκεφτεί. :eek: Αναρωτιέμαι αν έχει καθιερωθεί κάποιος τρόπος για να διευκρινίσουμε πότε μιλάμε ειδικά για την, ας πούμε, συνηχητική ή παρηχητική ομοιοκαταληξία και όχι για το εσωτερικό του στίχου.

shiba

¥
Καλημέρα. Σας μετέφερα σε παλιότερο νήμα. Θα πρότεινα στίχος με παρήχηση συμφώνων ή συμφωνική παρήχηση. (Ο Θέμης θα καταλάβει αμέσως γιατί υπάρχει φωνηεντική και συμφωνική.)

Νομίζω πως όντως το "στίχος με συμφωνική παρήχηση" είναι το ορθότερο...Πολύ ενδιαφέρουσες και πολύ χρήσιμες οι επεξηγήσεις πραγματικά .

Σας ευχαριστώ πολύ :)

daeman

Administrator
Staff member

Today's paper is an absolute mess! There are mistakes all up and down this copy! Who edited it?

Ed did. Ed edited it.

Ed did? Ed edited it? Ed?

Yep. Ed edited it.

Ed edited it? Ed did?

Ed did! Ed edited it!

Alright, so I edited it! I did edit it. Ed edited it, ed edited it! But it wasn’t my column!

Well, who’s column was it?

Colin. It was Colin’s column.

It was Colin’s column?

Yep. Colin’s column.

Well, where's Colin?

He called in.

Call him. Call Colin about his column.

Colin? Your column. Says he didn't write it.

Well, who wrote Colin's column?

Rita.

Rita wrote Colin's column?

Right. Rita wrote it. Wait. Rita wrote it right?

Right.

So the reader read Rita's writeup?

Right.

Well, where's Rita?

Here. Yeah, I wrote it. But I didn't proofread it.

Well, who proofread it?

Prue and Fred.

Prue and Fred proofread?

Prue and Fred proofread.

Prue. Fred. You proofread?

Yeah, we did. We did!

Prue and Fred proofread what we had.

But the photos were bad!

Well, who's photos were they?

Jessica's. They're Jessica's photos.

Jessica's!

Jessica's photos?

Je-Jessica's photooos....

I don't like that. This office works best when things are fast and rhymey.

Jessica, you're fired.

Futtah, you're promoted. Futtah's photo's. Much better right? Futtah's photo's.

Alright, enough of this blame game! We're a team. The team teameded it and the team can teameded our way out.

Ed, re-edit Colin's column on Porter's reporting that Rita wrote and Prue and Fred proofread.

Leia, layout Futtah's photo's that Mark and Ted marketed. Prince'll print what Sal'll sell.

Dale. Evah. Get ready to delivah!

Got it?

I said, got it?

Oh, Amber! Lance! Call the... medic...is that not...

Oh, okay, I quit, I'm sorry.

Hey, you watching this YouTube video! Leave a like! Leave a comment!

Hey! The other one, behind him, watching over his shoulder without him seeing it. You! Like it, share it with a friend.

Uh, tell ya, tell your other...

Can. Can you just... just leave a nice comment and maybe just share it with someone that you know, it's all I'm asking, okay?

Don't tell anyone I'm actually like this.

You did good.

Thanks.

Alright, here we go!