εταιρεία συμφερόντων του [Χ]

cougr

¥
Ακριβώς αυτό - και μακάρι να μπορούσα να σας γράψω και το όνομα της εταιρείας, για να καταλάβετε ακριβώς τι με προβλημάτισε...

Με έχεις βάλει σε περιέργεια τώρα:)

Θα γίνω προβλέψιμη, αλλά αν σας πω πρέπει να σας σκοτώσω όλους :p
Όσες φορές κι αν το πεις αυτό, θα το βλέπω πάντα με ασυγκράτητη απόλαυση. Αλλά όχι βέβαια και να μας σκοτώσεις στο άνθος της νιότης μας...

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member

Όσες φορές κι αν το πεις αυτό, θα το βλέπω πάντα με ασυγκράτητη απόλαυση. Αλλά όχι βέβαια και να μας σκοτώσεις στο άνθος της νιότης μας...
...και της δικής μου, πού να τρέχω τώρα να τρώω τα καλύτερα μου χρόνια στη φυλακή...

pontios

Καλημέρα από την ηλιόλουστη Μελβούρνη.
Είναι προφανές τώρα ότι αφορά το controlling interest etc, αλλά το παράδειγμα που παρέθεσε ο cougr ήταν ασαφώς διατυπωμένο, νομίζω; -
.. η εταιρεία συμφερόντων του Πρόδρομου Μαυρίδη, Martha Holdings Corporation, έτσι όπως διατυπώθηκε επιδέχεται και την (λάθος) ερμηνεία ότι η εν λόγω "εταιρία συμφερόντων" αναφερόταν στο ίδιο το holding company (δηλαδή, το Martha Holdings Corporation - που πρέπει να είναι holding company, όπως υποδεικνύεται από το όνομα του). Δηλαδή, κατέληξα στο λάθος συμπέρασμα ότι η εταιρία συμφερόντων = holding company. Ίσως μπερδεύτηκε για τον ίδιο λόγο (στην αρχή) και ο cougr;

pontios

Thanks, to the invisible and kind administrator - that's what I meant .. I was about to correct it again. :)

cougr

¥
Thanks, to the invisible and kind administrator - that's what I meant .. I was about to correct it again. :)

That explains it then.:) I was thinking to myself "gee pontios has come a long way with his Greek, he’s expressing himself immaculately lately" .....and then I saw the above.

[...]Ίσως μπερδεύτηκε για τον ίδιο λόγο (στην αρχή) και ο cougr;

Not necessarily. In relation as to how I came up with "holding company", it was a multifactorial process. Firstly I took into account Rogerio’s and Themi's initial posts which hinted at the meaning of the term and thought "this sounds like it could be referring to the term holding company". At the same time I had been aware that the term “holding company” has been referred to in Greek by various names, including, but not limited to, those provided by palavra in post 14 and I thought to myself that perhaps “εταιρεία συμφερόντων” is just another way, albeit informal, of referring to it. I had also considered the fact that the terms “controlling interest”/“controlling stake” are typically translated, amongst other ways, as ελέγχουσα συμμετοχή /μερίδιο ελέγχου. Hence I thought that maybe, just maybe, “εταιρεία συμφερόντων” refers to “holding company”. However given the rebuttal by the native Greek speakers of the forum I trust whole-heartedly that I had been mistaken.

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member
I had also considered the fact that the terms “controlling interest”/“controlling stake” are typically translated, amongst other ways, as ελέγχουσα συμμετοχή /μερίδιο ελέγχου. Hence I thought that maybe, just maybe, “εταιρεία συμφερόντων” refers to “holding company”. However given the rebuttal by the native Greek speakers of the forum I trust whole-heartedly that I had been mistaken.
I believe the most accurate translation for "controlling stake" is πλειοψηφικό πακέτο (μετοχών) and that both ελέγχουσα συμμετοχή and μερίδιο ελέγχου are word for word translations of "controlling stake" that lead to the creation of more terms like "οντότητα" :angry: - but maybe Themis or Rogerios have more to say on this.

pontios

That explains it then.:) I was thinking to myself "gee pontios has come a long way with his Greek, he’s expressing himself immaculately lately" .....and then I saw the above.

Touché!
I wrote αναφέρονταν, which I realised was wrong and before I got a chance to correct it to αναφερόταν, a diligent (not to mention officious and overzealous - just joking of course), and kind-hearted administrator beat me to it.
That's why I opt to write in English, more often than not - I'm trying to eliminate the mistakes.
In the process though - I'm doing things automatically, and probably making (almost) as many.
Τουλάχιστον τα λάθη είναι πιο άνετα, στα Αγγλικά - I'm not mulling over things, stopping, and thinking all the time; but I still enjoy the challenge in Greek, which means I'm always going to be tempted to bite off more than I can chew.

It's interesting that we arrived at the same wrong conclusion in different ways. :)
Thanks, Palavra (interesting thread, in more ways than one - all good).

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member
Μετά την ερώτησή μου εδώ, επανέρχομαι με λύση για αυτό το νήμα. Το «συμφερόντων» του τάδε μπορεί να σημαίνει ότι ο τάδε δεν φαίνεται στη διοίκηση ή στη μετοχική δομή της εταιρείας αλλά παρ' όλ' αυτά συμμετέχει σε αυτήν εμμέσως. Οπότε, όπως είπε ο cougr,
Είναι αυτό που λέμε "a company controlled by X".
ή a company in which [X] has a beneficial interest.

Πρόσεξε όμως ότι το controlled by δεν αποκλείει καμία δυνατότητα, ενώ η beneficial ownership προϋποθέτει ότι η legal (nominal) ownership ανήκει σε άλλον, με κλασική περίπτωση στο αγγλοσαξονικό δίκαιο τον trustee.