Τα καλύτερα μουσικά γιουτιουμπάκια

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Το υπέροχο Lucky Man είναι σύνθεση του Greg Lake από τους ELP. Αλλά υπάρχει μια ωραία ιστορία του Έμερσον σε σχέση με το σόλο του, ένα από τα πρώτα σολαρίσματα που έκαναν γνωστά τα συνθεσάιζερ του Ρόμπερτ Μουγκ (ή Μόουγκ).

An important contribution to Moog synthesizer's evolution was given by Keith Emerson after purchasing the second modular system in the UK.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moog_synthesizer

Το σόλο του δίσκου αρχίζει κάπου στα 3:20 λεπτά:

Έχει και συνέχεια:

A Moog synthesizer solo, recorded in one take, is performed by Keith Emerson at the end of song, making it one of the first rock compositions in which a Moog was a featured solo instrument. […]

Former Moog technician David Van Koevering praised "Lucky Man" as the instrument's "big breakthrough" in popular music. Emerson, however, has remained somewhat embarrassed about the song, saying "That's the solo I've had to live with!" He noted that during the recording of the solo, he was "just jamming around," and was "devastated" to learn that it was going to be used in the final version of the song without having the chance to record another take, as all the tracks had been used.

When called upon to play Lucky Man in concerts in later years, Emerson found he wasn't sure how the solo went:

...late 70s I hadn't played the solo from Lucky Man for quite a long time, so I actually called up Keyboard Magazine. I knew they'd done a transcription of the solo; "do you think I could have a copy of the solo from Lucky Man?" They said "What? Keith Emerson wants a copy of..." I hadn't played it...they managed to transcribe it quite accurately... I said "it'll save me time if you send me what you came up with..." So that was it. Thank you Keyboard Magazine and Dominic Milano, I think.​

Στο λάιβ το σόλο αρχίζει κάπου στα 5 λεπτά:

drsiebenmal

HandyMod
Staff member
German jazz singer Roger Cicero dies, aged 45

Germany's best-known jazz performer has died after being diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome. His career spanned almost 15 years, making him one of Germany's most beloved musical celebrities.
(DW, συνέχεια εδώ).

Αλλού διάβασα για εγκεφαλικό (ενδεχομένως ως συνέπεια). Νομίζω ότι ήταν πρακτικά άγνωστος στην Ελλάδα, αν και είχε συμμετάσχει στη Eurovision 2007. Δείγμα της μουσικής του:

Earion

Staff member

Nouvelle Vague. Ever Fallen in Love

Παλιά επιτυχία των Buzzcocks (1978)

You spurn my natural emotions
It makes me feel like dirt
And I'm hurt
If I start a commotion
I run the risk of losing you
And that's worse

Ever fallen in love with someone
Ever fallen in love
In love with someone
Ever fallen in love
In love with someone
You shouldn't've fallen in love with

There's one thing much of a future
Unless we find out what to blame
What a shame (oh what a shame)
And we can't be together
Until we realize that we are the same

Ever fallen in love
In love with someone
Ever fallen in love
In love with someone

Ever fallen in love
In love with someone
Ever fallen in love
In love with someone

Ever fallen in love
In love with someone
Ever fallen in love
In love with someone

Ever fallen in love
In love with someone
Ever fallen in love
In love with someone

You spurn my natural emotions
It makes me feel like dirt
And I'm hurt
If I start a commotion
I run the risk of losing you
And that's worse

Ever fallen in love
In love with someone
Ever fallen in love
In love with someone

Ever fallen in love
In love with someone
Ever fallen in love
In love with someone

La la la la la la...

pidyo

Για όσους βαρέθηκαν τα γιουτιουμπάκια και τους ενδιαφέρουν περίεργα τραγουδάκια από περίεργα μέρη και περίεργες εποχές: http://radiooooo.com/

Hint: Θέλει ψάξιμο ο χάρτης.

drsiebenmal

HandyMod
Staff member
Prince (1958-2016)

The unpronouncable symbol:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
While my guitar gently weeps

No offense to Petty, Lynne and Winwood, but the first few minutes of this performance feel like a slightly stale retread of the star-studded version at 2002's Concert for George. Then Prince steps in with a soaring solo and changes everything. He shreds so hard that he nearly falls off the stage — and he still looks cool. Where was he for the Hendrix tribute back in '92?!
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/l...22/while-my-guitar-gently-weeps-2004-20160121

My name is Prince and I am funky

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Καταπληκτικό βίντεο. Η περιγραφή (από αυτή τη σελίδα) θα ήταν καλύτερη αν είχε τον τίτλο του τραγουδιού σωστά:

The not-breaking-up Coldplay released the deeply halfassed album A Head Full Of Dreams late last year, but give them credit for trying to do big things with the videos. Sadly, the last two ambitious videos, for “Adventure Of A Lifetime” and the Beyoncé collab “Hymn For The Weekend,” were both pretty ridiculous. Their new clip for “On&On” is also ridiculous, but this time, it’s in a good way. Directors Vania Heymann and Gal Muggia filled the clip with disorienting, surreal CGI-assisted imagery: Whales floating in the sky, skateboarders in space, skydivers launching themselves into bowls of cereal. The band-members have cameo appearances as godlike giants. The song, meanwhile, has a Noel Gallagher guitar solo and backing vocals from the Rolling Stones’ “Gimme Shelter” collaborator Merry Clayton. Check it out below.

Το τραγούδι λέγεται Up&Up.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Από χτες τον αγαπάω περισσότερο, τον σούπερ-ταλαντούχο Λιν-Μανουέλ Μιράντα, δημιουργό του μιούζικαλ Χάμιλτον, που σπάει ταμεία στο Μπρόντγουεϊ και μάζεψε την Κυριακή 11 βραβεία Τόνι. Κατά την απονομή του βραβείου για την καλύτερη πρωτότυπη μουσική, ο Μιράντα διάβασε ένα σονέτο αφιερωμένο στη σύζυγό του και στα θύματα του Ορλάντο.

My wife's the reason anything gets done
She nudges me towards promise by degrees
She is a perfect symphony of one
Our son is her most beautiful reprise.
We chase the melodies that seem to find us
Until they're finished songs and start to play
When senseless acts of tragedy remind us
That nothing here is promised, not one day.
This show is proof that history remembers
We lived through times when hate and fear seemed stronger;
We rise and fall and light from dying embers, remembrances that hope and love last longer
And love is love is love is love is love is love is love is love cannot be killed or swept aside.
I sing Vanessa's symphony, Eliza tells her story
Now fill the world with music, love and pride.

Προηγουμένως, όταν του απονεμήθηκε το βραβείο για το καλύτερο λιμπρέτο (ο Μιράντα έχει γράψει τη μουσική και το λιμπρέτο του μιούζικαλ, και πρωταγωνιστεί στο ρόλο του Χάμιλτον), διάβασε ένα άλλο τραγούδι, σε στιλ ραπ, στο οποίο ευχαρίστησε τους συνεργάτες του και θυμήθηκε τον πατέρα του.

This envelope says Lin, but it’s not entirely Lin’s
’Cause when you work with Tommy Kail the best idea wins.
When Alex finds a place to cut or Andy needs more bars,
You can’t think “this is mine”; you can only think “this is ours.”
Is it ours or is it hours? Well, it’s hours of rewriting
You talk Burr with Oskar and Jeffrey and keep igniting
That spark into a flame. Make a mark,
Arrange the frame, hit your target and change the game,
Earn the hyphenate in your name.
You let Daveed Diggs turn your couplet into a triplet.
You give him the mike, he grips it and spits it, rips it and flips it.
You turn back to this envelope that says you win.
You think about your father and how scared he must have been
When he came to New York City and he didn’t speak the language
So you give Hamilton all his hunger, genius, and anguish,
And you vanquish self-doubt by perfecting your lines of text
And you call Tommy Kail and you say, “What’s next?”​

Αν σας αρέσουν τα μιούζικαλ, το Χάμιλτον είναι αριστούργημα. Μπορείτε να το ακούσετε ολόκληρο στο Spotify.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Για τον καινούργιο δίσκο του Paul Simon, Stranger to Stranger, αντιγράφω από τη Wikipedia:

Stranger to Stranger is the thirteenth solo studio album by American folk rock singer-songwriter Paul Simon. […] Simon wrote the material over a period of several years, perfecting it and rewriting it to his liking. Its music is experimental, making use of custom-made instruments by composer and music theorist Harry Partch. His first release in over five years, Stranger to Stranger received wide critical acclaim. It represented Simon's highest-ever debut on the Billboard 200, at number three, and reached number one on the UK Albums Chart. […] Κριτικές […] At the age of 74 years and eight months, Paul Simon is the oldest male solo artist to chart at number one in the UK.

Ολόκληρος ο δίσκος στο Spotify και πολλά από τα κομμάτια του εδώ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9UwRLfYUlo&list=PLZQmPWP38ZGgp2Xq3NTL1YTECqgNGLN-b

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Το Γκλαστονμπέρι δεν φεύγει από εκεί που είναι. Πού να φύγει να πάει;

Πού να φύγει να πάει;

Δες τι πλάκα (λεξιλογική) που έχει αυτό:

Να φύγει, να πάει πού;
Να φύγει, πού να πάει;
Να πάει πού να φύγει;
Πού να πάει να φύγει;

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Το Γκλαστονμπέρι καλά κρατεί, αλλά το BBC μάς έφαγε το βιντεάκι. Έφυγε και πάει...

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
So Long, Marianne

"So Long, Marianne" is a song written by Canadian poet and musician Leonard Cohen. It was featured on his debut album, Songs of Leonard Cohen. Pitchfork Media placed it at number 190 on their list of "The 200 Greatest Songs of the 1960s."
The song was inspired by Marianne Jensen (later Marianne Ihlen), whom Cohen met on the Greek island of Hydra in 1960. Cohen said she was the most beautiful woman he had ever met. She had recently been left by her husband, the Norwegian writer Axel Jensen, leaving her and her six-month-old son alone on the island. The two hit it off, and Cohen ultimately took her from Hydra back to her home in Oslo, Norway. He later invited her and her son to live with him in Montreal, an offer which she accepted. The two lived together throughout the 1960s, commuting between New York, Montreal, and Hydra.
Cohen dedicated his third volume of poetry, Flowers for Hitler, to her, and she directly inspired many of his other songs and poems.

Σημειώσεις από την παρουσίαση του βιβλίου So Long, Marianne - Ei kärleikshistorie, στο οποίο η Μαριάν λέει την ιστορία της στον συγγραφέα Kari Hesthamar.
http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/ihlen.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_Long,_Marianne

Η Marianne Ihlen πέθανε στις 28 Ιουλίου 2016 μετά από σύντομη μάχη με τη λευχαιμία.
http://cohencentric.com/2016/07/29/marianne-ihlen-immortalized-long-marianne-dies/