Πόσα θες να μας τρελάνεις; = Are you trying to drive us all nuts?

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Η έκφραση ακούγεται και στα δελτία ειδήσεων πλέον. Την είπε η Τρέμη στο δελτίο του Μέγα, σχολιάζοντας τις αντιφατικές και ακατανόητες για πολλούς δηλώσεις μελών της Τρόικας. «Μάλλον πρέπει να τους ρωτήσουμε πια [ή κάπως έτσι]: “Πόσα θέτε να μας τρελάνετε;”»

Καλό είναι το λήμμα στο slang.gr: http://www.slang.gr/lemma/show/posa_thes_na_mas_trelaneis;_12383

Σκέφτηκα την απόδοση με τα:
Are you trying to drive us nuts?
Are you trying to drive us all nuts?
Are you trying to drive us all crazy?
κ.ο.κ.
Όπως και:
I don't believe you!
This is incredible!
You can't be serious!
κ.τ.ό.

Τις τελευταίες ημέρες αρκεί να παρακολουθήσεις τις ειδήσεις για να σου δοθεί η εντύπωση ότι επικρατεί ένας γενικότερος παραλογισμός που δεν συνδέεται πάντα άμεσα με την κρίση. Θα έλεγα ότι μας έριξαν τρελόσκονη από τον Άρη, αλλά αντιλαμβάνομαι ότι η τρελόσκονη είναι σκόνη που κάνει κάποιον να σε ερωτευτεί τρελά...
:)

ChicGal

Also expressing various degrees of disbelief, frustration, and sarcasm:

Are you for real?
You gotta/You've got to be kidding me!
Give me a break!
You must be pulling my leg.
Yeah, right.
Ah, shut up! (American usage, with the "up" drawn out.)
Tell it to the Marines.
Are you taking the piss? (British usage)

Imaginative use of adjectival expletives will enhance the stylistic effect of all the above, and is highly recommended, esp. when watching the news on Greek TV these days... :D

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
[...] Imaginative use of adjectival expletives will enhance the stylistic effect of all the above, and is highly recommended, esp. when watching the news on Greek TV these days... :D

With expressive variations (and renditions in Greek in the relevant threads) rather than adjectival expletives :) :
(Warning: may contain nuts)

Pull the other one, it's got bells on!
Are you really suggesting coconuts migrate?
Tell that to the Marines
I'd tell it on the mountain, but it refuses to come my way.
drive us crazy / bonkers / ballistic / bananas / barmy / loco / mental / berserk / off our rockers
How much for the drive? Never mind and never remind us the cost, we've already gone mnemonic. Drive on, we got nothing left to lose.

She (Troika) Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals

Tell me what you've got in mind
'Cause we're running out of time
Won't you ever set me free
This waiting round is killing me

Πόσα θες να μας τρελάνεις - Μαριάνθη Κεφάλα

Κοίτα να δεις που το 'λεγα πως θα βγεις κι από πάνω
εσύ ζημιές, εσύ λαδιές κι εγώ πάντα να χάνω