Διασκεδάστε και μ' αυτό...

bernardina

Επιτέλους βρε Ζαζουλάκη μου, να 'σαι καλά! Είχα φάει τον κόσμο να το ξαναβρώ.:woot::clap:

Alexandra

Super Moderator
Staff member
Πολύ μου άρεσε το χάπενινγκ της British Airways στη Μόσχα.

[video=youtube;HyE9KqIeTg8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HyE9KqIeTg8[/video]

Alexandra

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unhappy with your luxury cruise? You might not want to make a fuss. Because now a disgruntled travel agency has revealed the ten strangest complaints their customers made in the last 12 months.

Top of the list, compiled by bonvoyage.co.uk, was a woman who wanted a sound-proofed room because the noise of the Mediterranean kept her awake.

She was closely followed by a newly wed husband who was furious that he wasn’t offered a private butler to bring him rose petals, strawberries and champagne.

Third place went to the woman who moaned because she wasn’t sent a text prompting her to remember her passport.

And one couple were miffed when the captain ignored their note saying they would be back two hours later than departure time – and left without them.

A young woman on a Hawaiian cruise heard Gary Barlow had once been on her boat – and demanded to know why she hadn’t seen him.

One man on a cruise around Alaska even wanted compensation because the weather was not as warm as he had expected.

An elderly couple who went on a holiday around France and Spain asked for a refund because they weren’t provided with a packed lunch every day.

And a woman on a ship called Celebrity Cruises asked for a full refund last summer because she didn’t see any celebrities on board.

Rounding off the list was a couple from Yorkshire who moaned that staff were so kind it cost them too much money in tips and a woman who wanted a sea view in her windowless cabin.

Από εδώ.

SBE

¥
[She was closely followed by a newly wed husband who was furious that he wasn’t offered a private butler to bring him rose petals, strawberries and champagne.
Ο γαμπρός ήθελε ροδοπέταλα, φράουλες και σαμπάνια.
Χμ...
Η νύφη ήθελε μήπως τον μπάτλερ να της ζεσταίνει το νερό για το ξύρισμα;

drsiebenmal

HandyMod
Staff member
Η Ευρώπη σύμφωνα με τους Έλληνες
από το Atlas of Prejudice (English Edition) του Βούλγαρου γραφίστα Γιάνκο Τσβέτκοφ.

Δείτε στον πιο πάνω ιστότοπο και τις (κατά τον καλλιτέχνη) απόψεις άλλων λαών...

Attachments

• EuGks.JPG
    EuGks.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 284

drsiebenmal

HandyMod
Staff member
Θξ, Ζαζ! Θυμόμουν ότι υπήρχε λινκ αλλά (φυσικά...) δεν το βρήκα, αλλά δεν θυμόμουν αν είχαμε βάλει την ελληνική εκδοχή. Έχει πάντως και πιο φρέσκους χάρτες από εκείνης της εποχής.

Zann

Γελάμε, αλλά μαθαίνουμε και κατιτίς.

The 50 Worst Synonyms in Fifty Shades of Grey, by Patti Greco
Remember grade school, when you wrote papers and used big words because you thought that meant you were smart? And now when you look back on those papers, you cringe a little? Well, not E.L. James! The Fifty Shades of Grey author loves her a fancy synonym. And since you probably missed most of her obvious Thesaurus.com moments by skipping to the sex parts, Vulture compiled a list of them for you. Note: In some cases, James's word choices may have to do with the fact that she's British. But her protagonist, Anastasia — and Ana's insufferable subconscious and inner goddess — are not. So we're calling the author out for them anyway, and even offering up some simple edits, all of which show that, sometimes, less is more. Unless you're Christian Grey.

1-2.

The offense: "To be honest, I prefer my own company, reading a classic British novel, curled up in a chair in the campus library. Not sitting twitching nervously in a colossal glass-and-stone edifice."

The fix: "To be honest, I prefer my own company, reading a classic British novel, curled up in a chair in the campus library. Not sitting twitching nervously in a giant glass-and-stone building."

Η συνέχεια εδώ:

http://www.vulture.com/2012/05/50-worst-synonyms-in-fifty-shades-of-grey.html

bernardina

The offense: "I brusquely towel-dry my hair and try desperately to bring it under control."
The fix: "I rush to towel-dry my hair and try desperately to bring it under control.

Η κυρία Patti Greco (!) γενικά μου φαίνεται λιγάκι fastidious... ε... pernickety tight-arsed.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Δεν θα ήθελα να έχω την κυρία Patti Greco να μου κάνει επιμέλεια. Θα παίζαμε μπουνιές!

Alexandra

Super Moderator
Staff member
Μα το Ι brusquely towel-dry my hair δεν είναι το ίδιο πράγμα με το Ι rush to towel-dry my hair. Πρέπει να της το πούμε εμείς; Δεν το αντιλαμβάνεται;

bernardina

Σχόλιο αναγνώστη:
Thanks to Vulture for fixing this wordy erotica novel so that 6th graders can finally read and understand it,
well, unless they are American.
:D

bernardina

Η κοπελιά περίμενε στη στάση το λεωφορείο. Νομίζοντας πως δεν την έβλεπε κανείς, το έριξε στο χορό! Attagirl! :up:

Highlights: 1)Το χαμόγελό της καθώς παραμερίζει για να περάσει ένα σκυλάκι που έχει βγάλει βόλτα το αφεντικό του :p
2) Η ρεκλάμα στο πλάι του λεωφορείου: A brighter way to Southampton.

Τυχαίο; Δε νομίζω! :laugh:

Alexandra

Super Moderator
Staff member
Φιλέλληνας (;) χρήστης του Φέισμπουκ. Έχει ένα κανονικό προφίλ με το γαλλικό όνομά του και ένα προφίλ με το όνομά του γραμμένο με ελληνικούς χαρακτήρες. Εκφράζει την ευαρέσκειά του για μια ανακοίνωση συναυλίας του Μάριου Φραγκούλη στο εξωτερικό, και χρησιμοποιεί προφανώς Google Translate για να τα πει στα ελληνικά:

Capture.jpg

Αλλά εκείνο το άτιμο το "Fine" τού τα χάλασε!

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Το Google translate βγάζει πια, κάτω από το κουτί του μεταφρασμένου κειμένου, και άλλες μεταφραστικές προτάσεις μαζί με συνώνυμα της L1. Αρκεί λοιπόν να διαλέξεις από τα Adjective:
ωραίος < nice, beautiful, fine, handsome, lovely, beauteous
έξοχος < super, excellent, splendid, peachy, eminent, fine