And I got to hurry up before I grow too old

Oh I do a lotta things I know is wrong
Hope I'm forgiven before I'm gone
It'll take a lotta prayers to save my soul
And I got to hurry up before I grow too old

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Devil Blues - Charles Mingus (Changes One)

Charles Mingus - bass / Don Pullen - piano / George Adams - tenor sax & voice / Jack Walrath - trumpet / Dannie Richmond - drums

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Work Song - Charles Mingus (Mingus at the Bohemia)

George Barrow - tenor sax / Eddie Bert - trombone / Mal Waldron - piano / Charles Mingus - bass / Willie Jones - drums

The "Work Song" (not to be confused with the Nat Adderley composition) should reflect the history of the black workers in the US, with elements of the soul jazz. This is the only truly representative composition in the album. It is actually a jazz tone poem depicting the old slave gangs as they did their back-brakeing work of "swinging that hammer". Driving stakes or laying railroad ties with all the oppression and problems the Black race had at that time. Notice the cannon-like sound of the piano which really simulates the blow of a sledge-hammer. This called a "cluster" on the piano. Because of the low register clusters and other rhythm section accents, we get a strong feeling of depression throughout the piece. However, there is a note of hope in the composition which is found in the words of the original melody: "Swing that hammer over your shoulder: get bolder and – BOLDER!"

Septemberly

"Septemberly" is a fusion of two songs: "September in the Rain" goes over into a romantic "Tenderly". Sub-titled "The Song Of The Thief", this is, of course, a conscious accusal of musical plagiarism. As Mingus said, "Two composers collect royalties for the same tune". Eddie has the first melody ("September in the Rain") and George has the other ("Tenderly"). After treating both melodies simultaneously, the arrangement then moves from one section of the first tune to another section of the second tune. The solos are built on the exact chord changes of "September", but they could just as well have been built on "Tenderly". On the end of the arrangement you will hear another of Mingus' new developments on old ideas. In the early days of jazz, the musicians had no planned endings. They would all solo together into some kind of consonant, harmonious ending "a la New Orleans". For this arrangement we have no ending. We just move together, each in his own way, toward a resolution of the composition. Now, however, with the new jazz idea, we can end with an atonal feeling. Note the beautiful sonority achieved at the end of this composition.

Συγγνώμη που ποστάρω εδώ, αλλά δεν βλέπω άλλο νήμα μουσικής για όλους... Μια όμορφη από πολλές απόψεις διασκευή! :)

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Καλά είναι εδώ για μουσικές, ευπρόσδεκτες είναι και συγγνώμες δεν χρειάζονται.
Γιατί όμως αναρωτιέσαι για νήμα μουσικής για όλους; Εκείνο το ξέχασες;
:confused:

Ωραία διασκευή - παρότι όχι και πολύ διασκευή, σχεδόν νότα στη νότα με το πρωτότυπο το πάει - όμως στο βιντεάκι την ομορφιά δεν ξέρω πού την είδες. Γούστα είν' αυτά, θα μου πεις, και θα πάω πάσο.
:)

Μια που έβαλες Ζέπελιν, ορίστε κι ένα ροκιμαντέρ για το Physical Graffiti:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
El Cóndor Pasa - Simon & Garfunkel

I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail.
Yes I would, If I could, I surely would.

I'd rather be a hammer than a nail.
Yes I would, If I only could, I surely would.

Away, I'd rather sail away
Like a swan that's here and gone
A man gets tied up to the ground
He gives the world Its saddest sound,
Its saddest sound.

I'd rather be a forest than a street.
Yes I would, If I could, I surely woud.

I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet,
Yes I would, If I only could, I surely would.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
The Concert in Central Park - Simon & Garfunkel

[videο=google;-3798526761009256206]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3798526761009256206[/video]

The Concert in Central Park is a live album by Simon & Garfunkel. On September 19, 1981 the folk-rock duo reunited for a free concert on the Great Lawn of New York's Central Park, attended by more than 500,000 people. They released a live album from the concert the following March (Warner Brothers LP 2BSK 3654; CD 3654). It was arranged by Paul Simon and Dave Grusin, and produced by Simon, Art Garfunkel, Phil Ramone and Roy Halee.

The concert was also shot on videotape, televised by HBO in 1982, and subsequently released on various home video formats. The VHS and DVD contain two songs that were omitted from the live album: "The Late Great Johnny Ace" and "Late in the Evening (Reprise)". "Johnny Ace" was disrupted by a fan rushing the stage and coming close to Simon and saying, "I need to talk to you". Coincidentally, the song is an elegy upon the murder of John Lennon nine months earlier. "The Late Great Johnny Ace" is not listed in the track listing, appearing between "A Heart in New York" and "Kodachrome".

Κι αν δεν παίζει το ολόκληρο από τα γκουγκλοβίντεο, ορίστε και από τον συσωλήνα σε 5 μέρη:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oy1g4i79fo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIzdTHdnvgY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t0_fLm3Wsc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt1Gl3XiNgQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63hnMgIwTxI
ορίστε και από το vimeo.

Last edited:

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Μπράβο. Πολύ καλή η ποιότητα και στο μεγάλο. Την έχω σε ηχητικό, αλλά πρώτη φορά τη βλέπω. Είναι εκπληκτική η σχέση μία κιθάρα, δύο φωνές, ελάχιστο μπάκινγκ, χιλιάδες κόσμος. Τραγούδια, βέβαια, ένα προς ένα.