Γιουτιουμπάκια με... γλωσσικό ενδιαφέρον

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Και όσοι απορούν τι στο καλό λένε, θα πρέπει να παρακολουθήσουν τα λόγια τού Let It Go από το ντισνεϊκό Frozen.

"Let It Go" Performed by Idina Menzel

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight,
not a footprint to be seen.
A kingdom of isolation and it looks like I'm the queen.
The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside.
Couldn't keep it in, Heaven knows I tried.
Don't let them in, don't let them see.
Be the good girl you always have to be.
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know.
Well, now they know!

Let it go, let it go!
Can't hold it back any more.
Let it go, let it go!
Turn away and slam the door.
I don't care what they're going to say.
Let the storm rage on.
The cold never bothered me anyway.

It's funny how some distance,
makes everything seem small.
And the fears that once controlled me,
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do,
to test the limits and break through.
No right, no wrong, no rules for me.
I'm free!

Let it go, let it go.
I am one with the wind and sky.
Let it go, let it go.
You'll never see me cry.
Here I'll stand, and here I'll stay.
Let the storm rage on.

My power flurries through the air into the ground.
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I'm never going back; the past is in the past!

Let it go, let it go.
And I'll rise like the break of dawn.
Let it go, let it go
That perfect girl is gone
Here I stand, in the light of day.

Let the storm rage on!
The cold never bothered me anyway...

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Και, για να γνωρίζουμε τους δημιουργούς:

Alfred Matthew Yankovic, better known by his stage name "Weird Al" Yankovic (/ˈjæŋkəvɪk/ YANG-kə-vik; born October 23, 1959) is an American singer-songwriter, musician-parodist artist, record producer, satirist, music video director, film producer, actor, and author. Yankovic is known for his humorous songs that make light of popular culture and often parody specific songs by contemporary musical acts. Since his first-aired comedy song in 1976, he has sold more than 12 million albums (as of 2007), recorded more than 150 parody and original songs, and has performed more than 1,000 live shows. His works have earned him three Grammy Awards and a further 11 nominations, four gold records, and six platinum records in the United States.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/"Weird_Al"_Yankovic

Πρόκειται λοιπόν για προγιουτιουμπικό καλλιτέχνη και παρωδό.

Zazula

Administrator
Staff member
Μα είναι πολύ γνωστός· άλλωστε και στη Λεξιλογία τον έχουμε βάλει και παλιότερα.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Η παρατήρησή μου αφορά την ποιότητα της παραγωγής. Το YouTube έχει αρχίσει να δημιουργεί μια νέα γενιά παραγωγών γιουτιουμπικού περιεχομένου που εισπράττουν ευσεβέστατα ποσά από διαφημίσεις. Ήθελα λοιπόν να επισημάνω ότι ο συγκεκριμένος είναι παλιά καραβάνα. Διότι η παραγωγή είναι ομολογουμένως άψογη.

SBE

¥
Τον Αλ Γιάνκοβικ τον θυμάμαι από τότε που είχε βγάλει την παρωδία του Beat it με τίτλο Eat it, που το είχε παίξει λίγο κι ο Πετρίδης στην εκπομπή του, γιατί εκτός από μεγάλο σουξέ στις ΗΠΑ είχε παρει και Γκράμι (Have a banana, have a whole bunch, it doesn't matter what you had for lunch, just eat it). Και για τους νεότερους, αναφέρονται συχνά σε αυτόν στο How I met your mother και είχε εμφανιστέι σε ένα επεισόδιο (τριβιδάκι: με σημαδιακή ημερομηνία μάλιστα, την ημερομηνία που ηχογράφησε το τραγούδι στο οποίο γίνεται αναφορά).

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Μα είναι πολύ γνωστός· άλλωστε και στη Λεξιλογία τον έχουμε βάλει και παλιότερα.

Τον Αλ Γιάνκοβικ τον θυμάμαι από τότε που είχε βγάλει την παρωδία του Beat it με τίτλο Eat it, που το είχε παίξει λίγο κι ο Πετρίδης στην εκπομπή του, γιατί εκτός από μεγάλο σουξέ στις ΗΠΑ είχε παρει και Γκράμι (Have a banana, have a whole bunch, it doesn't matter what you had for lunch, just eat it). ...

The Saga Begins: http://lexilogia.gr/forum/showthread.php?167&p=104932&viewfull=1#post104932,

gets hot with sagacious salacious Bimbo No 5: lexilogia.gr/forum/showthread.php?165&p=16019&viewfull=1#post16019,

then relapses into the palindromes of Subterranean Homesick Blues with Bob-Al (et al): lexilogia.gr/forum/showthread.php?187&p=107583&viewfull=1#post107583,

and gets really funky, but in a different thread-time continuum, in the horrid lake of trans fats: lexilogia.gr/forum/showthread.php?10040&p=123660&viewfull=1#post123660.

Beats it
and eats it, shoots, leaves and all:

'Cause he's phat, frequently, and such stuff's right up my alley.

Έπος, πράγματι: πόλεμος των άστρων, σεξ, δράμα, πτώση (βαριά), και στο τέλος δικαίωση και κάθαρση (closure).
Θα τα πουλήσω ακριβά τα δικαιώματα της ταινίας του φραντσάιζ.
«H Γιανκοβικιάδα», coming soon in monitors near you.
:p

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Και, για να γνωρίζουμε τους δημιουργούς:

... Θα τα πουλήσω ακριβά τα δικαιώματα της ταινίας του φραντσάιζ.
«H Γιανκοβικιάδα», coming soon in monitors near you.
:p

Για να «γνωρίζουμε τους δημιουργούς» :-) κι επειδή πρόκειται καί για εξωγιουτουμπικό παρωδό:

"Weird: The Al Yankovic Story" trailer (imdb.com)

not coming any time soon to theaters near you

Eric Appel produced a Funny or Die movie trailer for Weird: The Al Yankovic Story, a fictional biographical film that parodies other films based on musicians; Yankovic (played by Aaron Paul) is seen hiding his "weirdness" from his parents (Gary Cole and Mary Steenburgen), making it big using song parodies with the help of Dr. Demento (Patton Oswalt), falling in and out of love with Madonna (Olivia Wilde), and fading into alcoholism and being arrested, at which point his father finally admits he is "weird" as well. Yankovic himself plays a music producer in the short.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/"Weird_Al"_Yankovic
cf. Like a surgeon :D

Earion

Staff member
What Shakespeare Sounded Like to Shakespeare: Reconstructing the Bard’s Original Pronunciation

What did Shakespeare’s English sound like to Shakespeare? To his audience? And how can we know such a thing as the phonetic character of the language spoken 400 years ago? These questions and more are addressed in the video above, which profiles a very popular experiment at London’s Globe Theatre, the 1994 reconstruction of Shakespeare’s theatrical home. As linguist David Crystal explains, the theater’s purpose has always been to recapture as much as possible the original look and feel of a Shakespearean production—costuming, music, movement, etc. But until recently, the Globe felt that attempting a play in the original pronunciation would alienate audiences. The opposite proved to be true, and people clamored for more. Above, Crystal and his son, actor Ben Crystal, demonstrate to us what certain Shakespearean passages would have sounded like to their first audiences, and in so doing draw out some subtle wordplay that gets lost on modern tongues.

(Click here for more)

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Είναι σε διακοπές ο daeman και μόνο ο Zazula μπορεί να μας πει πού και πότε ξανανέβηκε αυτό...

Zazula

Administrator
Staff member
Το παρόν νήμα ξεκίνησε με βιντεοκλίπ τραγουδιού στο οποίο υπήρχε μια διαφορετική χρήση λέξης. Ας βάλω κι εγώ τώρα ένα άλλο βιντεοκλίπ, που αυτό φέρνει μια καινούργια λέξη: «Έκρηξη...κάθε γουλιά και έκπληξη, το φιλί σου δυόσμος, στα χείλη μου εύφλεξη». Τα ελάχιστα παλιότερα παραδείγματα που βρήκα στο διαδίκτυο με τη συγκεκριμένη λέξη, ήταν κατά κανόνα λανθασμένες αποδόσεις για την ευφλεκτότητα (flammability) ή την ανάφλεξη.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Alphabet Aerobics

Αυτό είναι θέμα περισσότερο γλωσσικό παρά μουσικό:

Τα λόγια του τραγουδιού:
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/blackalicious/alphabetaerobics.html

Το τραγούδι σε πρωτότυπη εκτέλεση:
Blackalicious Live - 20 Απρ. 2006, Seattle's Showbox Theater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8YM22wqFkw

Και ο μιμητής: Ο Ντάνιελ Ράντκλιφ στο Tonight Show με τον Τζίμι Φάλον.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKdV5FvXLuI

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Alphabet Aerobics

Αυτό είναι θέμα περισσότερο γλωσσικό παρά μουσικό:

Και εξαιρετικά ενδιαφέρον για γλωσσοπαίχτες και μεταφραστική άσκηση για πολύ δυνατούς λύτες (και μαζοχιστές, βεβαίως :inno:).

V for Vendetta. "Don't practice your alliteration on me!" :-)