metafrasi banner

mojo = μαγεία, γοητεία, σεξ απίλ, "μαγικό ραβδάκι" | αυτοπεποίθηση, μαγκιά

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
[Prob. of Afr. orig.: cf. Gullah moco witchcraft, magic, Fula moco'o medicine man.]
Magic, the art of casting spells; a charm or amulet used in such spells. Also attrib. and as v.

(OED)

[19020s] (orig. US Black) spirituality, magic, thus power and influence
(Cassell Dictionary of Slang)

Στο Urban (συνολικά 50 εγγραφές!):

• The word originally means a charm or a spell. But now its more commonly said meaning sex appeal or talent: "I can get any girl if I just use a bit of the old mojo". | "Man, that girl has MOJO!" | "God help me, I think I've lost my mojo!"
  • 1. Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp. In context of contest or display of skill such as sexual advances or going into battle. 2. Good luck fetish / charm to bolster confidence. 3. ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude: He lost his mojo when she dumped him. | He got his mojo back now.
  • That quality, often elusive, that sets a person apart from everyone else. The word "magic" could, almost without exception, replace "mojo" it in all of its contexts, sentences, and/or applications. I just saw David Lee Roth on Leno last night. He was doing old Van Halen songs though with a Country feel ... he has DEFINITELY his mojo!!

Αποδόσεις:

μαγεία, γοητεία, σεξ απίλ, "μαγικό ραβδάκι" | αυτοπεποίθηση, μαγκιά