δελτία (λεξικό)

lil

Όταν μιλάμε για δελτία σε ένα λεξικό τότε χρησιμοποιούμε το slips ή index cards;

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Αν εννοείς τις καρτέλες όπου αναγράφονται τα παραδείγματα χρήσης κτλ, slips.

Για τον Murray του OED:
In preparation for the work ahead, Murray built a corrugated-iron shed in the grounds of Mill Hill School, called the Scriptorium, to house his small team of assistants as well as the flood of slips (bearing quotations illustrating the use of words to be defined in the dictionary) which started to flow in as a result of his appeal.

http://www.google.com/search?q=murray+oxford+dictionary+"slips"+scriptorium

Οι κάρτες ευρετηρίασης δεν είναι λάθος, απλώς έχουν ευρύτερη σημασία. Και περιγράφουν τον συγκεκριμένο στόχο: να μπουν τα λήμματα κτλ σε μια σειρά.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Προσθέτω και λίγες πληροφορίες από το Lexicography: A Dictionary of Basic Terminology:

SLIP
Slips are cards -pieces of paper or cardboard of a standard size- on which citations, i.e. verbal contexts of lexical items can be copied. Once copied on a slip, a particular word form of a given lexical item with its context becomes a sample taken from a primary source, i.e. a piece of lexicographic material. […]

COLLECT
[…]
In the pre-computer era the major way of collecting lexicographic data was to accumulate a set of systematically-organized citation slips. The advantage of slips over, for instance, book listings, was as follows. Each slip could be moved elsewhere; thus slips could be rearranged at any time, when required. Instead of an alphabetically-ordered collection of slips, i.e. citation file, the same slips could be organized differently; for instance, according to the frequency of usage of the lexical items, their morphological composition, semantic affinity, etymology, syntactic properties, valence, etc.