Τζον Λένον: Πέρασαν τριάντα χρόνια

Ποιο είναι το αγαπημένο σας τραγούδι του Τζον Λένον;

• [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uldu_1-JCJE"]Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)[/url]

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkZC7sqImaM"]Give Peace A Chance[/url]

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8jw-ifqwkM"]Happy Christmas (War Is Over)[/url]

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq7jLEnZw6s"]How[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xB4dbdNSXY"]Imagine[/url]

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEjUQ15lyzk"]Instant Karma[/url]

• [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXDqNMiubXo"]Jealous Guy[/url]

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAJ2AoEwDvY"](Just Like) Starting Over[/url]

• [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GmVajkqLNU"]Love[/url]

• [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmhRm_92L_8"]Mother[/url]

• [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LzNNgctnbs"]Oh My Love[/url]

• [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wos-dDxpJlQ"]Power To The People[/url]

• [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaLfDnShEn0"]Woman[/url]

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njG7p6CSbCU"]Working Class Hero[/url]

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Άλλο (δώστε τίτλο σε σχόλιο) ή Κανένα του Λένον

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters

drsiebenmal

HandyMod
Staff member
Outside, doorman Perdomo shook the gun out of Chapman's hand then kicked it across the sidewalk. Chapman then removed his coat and hat in preparation for the police arrival to show he was not carrying any concealed weapons and sat down on the sidewalk. Doorman Perdomo shouted at Chapman, "Do you know what you've done?", to which Chapman calmly replied, "Yes, I just shot John Lennon." (από εδώ).

Έτσι δολοφονήθηκε στα σαράντα του ο Τζον Λένον, στις 8 Δεκέμβρη 1980, έξω από το σπίτι του στη Νέα Υόρκη. Αν ζούσε σήμερα, θα είχε γιορτάσει πριν δυο μήνες, στις 9 Οκτώβρη, τα εβδομηκοστά του γενέθλια.

Με αφορμή αυτή τη διπλή επέτειο, αφιερώνουμε αυτό το νήμα στον μουσικό από το Λίβερπουλ που κάποιοι χαρακτήρισαν ως τον «πρώτο άνθρωπο της σύγχρονης εποχής».

Προσθέστε την προσωπική σας πινελιά, αν όχι με άλλον τρόπο, έστω ψηφίζοντας το τραγούδι του που θεωρείτε το καλύτερο (και πείτε μας και το γιατί). (Οι τίτλοι σάς πηγαίνουν και στα αντίστοιχα γιουτιουμπάκια.) Η σφυγμομέτρηση είναι πολλαπλής επιλογής και θα μείνει ανοιχτή.

Iδέα που πήρα από ανάλογη δημοσκόπηση στο περιοδικό Stern (αλλά οι επιλογές είναι του nickel και απέχουν πολύ από τις επιλογές του γερμανικού περιοδικού).

Προσθήκη: Στην απίθανη περίπτωση που δεν το ανακαλύψατε ήδη :), οι επιλογές στη δημοσκόπηση είναι σύνδεσμοι προς αντίστοιχα γιουτιουμπάκια.

Last edited:

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Το 1971, για να σπρώξει το Imagine που μόλις είχε κυκλοφορήσει, ο Λένον έδωσε συνέντευξη στον Mike Hennessey του Record Mirror. Στη συνέντευξη εκείνη, που δεν τη βρίσκεις εύκολα αλλά αναδημοσιεύτηκε σε αφιέρωμα του Mojo το 2000 (βλ. φωτογραφία — και αν βρείτε PDF, βγάλτε δυνατή φωνή) κοίταξαν μαζί όλα τα τραγούδια των Μπιτλς και ο Λένον ανέφερε ποια από εκείνα έγραψε κυρίως αυτός (άλλα ήταν κυρίως του Πολ, και για άλλα είπε ότι η συμμετοχή ήταν 50-50). Πρέπει λοιπόν να έχουμε και όσα τραγούδια των Μπιτλς ήταν κυρίως δικής του έμπνευσης. Τις πληροφορίες και τον κατάλογο τα πήρα από ιστότοπο με πλήρη εργογραφία του Τζον Λένον:
http://www.johnlennon.talktalk.net/page7.html

Please Please Me (“I was trying to do a Roy Orbison”); Do You Want To Know A Secret (“I wrote this for George”); I Call Your Name; Bad To Me; It Won't Be Long; I'm In Love; Hello Little Girl; I'll Be Back (“A nice tune, though the middle is a bit tatty”); I Feel Fine; No Reply; It's Only Love (“That's the one song I really hate of mine - terrible”); Day Tripper; Norwegian Wood; What Goes On; In My Life; Run For Your Life (“Another one I never liked”); She Said She Said; And Your Bird Can Sing (“Another horror”); Dr. Robert; Tomorrow Never Knows; Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (“This was Julian's title - nothing to do with LSD”); Being For The Benefit Of Mr.Kite (“I got some of the words off an old circus poster”); Good Morning, Good Morning; I Am The Walrus; Revolution; Happiness Is A Warm Gun; Julia; Sexy Sadie; Because; Across The Universe (“One of my best songs; I like the lyrics”); Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey; There's A Place; This Boy; All I've Got To Do; Not A Second Time; You Can't Do That; A Hard Day's Night; I Should Have Known Better; If I Fell; I'm Happy Just To Dance With You; Tell Me Why; Anytime At All; I'll Cry Instead; When I Get Home; I'm A Loser; I Don't Want To Spoil The Party; Ticket To Ride; Yes It Is; Help!; You've Got To Hide Your Love Away; You're Gonna Lose That Girl; Nowhere Man; Girl; Rain; I'm Only Sleeping; Strawberry Fields Forever; Dear Prudence; Glass Onion; The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill; I'm So Tired; Yer Blues; Cry Baby Cry; Goodnight; The Ballad Of John And Yoko; Come Together; I Want You (She's So Heavy); Mean Mr. Mustard; Polythene Pam; One After 909; Hey Bulldog; Don't Let Me Down; You Know My Name (Look Up The Number); Sun King; Dig A Pony; Dig It.

Ψηφίζω Instant Karma και Working Class Hero, είναι πιο πολύ στο στυλ μου, ας πούμε. Πρόχειρα θυμάμαι τώρα και το How Do You Sleep:

(παρόλο που δεν συμμερίζομαι το αντιμακαρτνεϊκό πνεύμα, που ενισχύει ο ισπανός γιουτιουμπίστας...)

Elsa

¥
Αααα, δεν παίζω! Πρόλαβα και ψήφισα πριν προσθέσετε κι αυτά! :mad:
Λοιπόν, από τη δεύτερη λίστα:
Across The Universe, Nowhere Man, Strawberry Fields Forever, Dear Prudence, Come Together; I Want You (She's So Heavy), Don't Let Me Down.

Πωπω, πέρασαν 30 χρόνια; :eek: Ήμουνα νια και γέρασα... Κλάμα που είχα ρίξει τότε! :(

Και βέβαια ξέχασα αυτό:

(καλά, αν πιάσουμε και τα των Μπητλς δεν θα βγάλουμε άκρη)

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Αααα, δεν παίζω! Πρόλαβα και ψήφισα πριν προσθέσετε κι αυτά! :mad:
Λοιπόν, από τη δεύτερη λίστα:
Across The Universe, Nowhere Man, Strawberry Fields Forever, Dear Prudence, Come Together; I Want You (She's So Heavy), Don't Let Me Down.

Πωπω, πέρασαν 30 χρόνια; :eek: Ήμουνα νια και γέρασα... Κλάμα που είχα ρίξει τότε! :(

Πού πας; Δεν ξαναψηφίζουμε;
Και την άλλη φορά, όχι μόνο τίτλους, να τ' ακούσουμε κιόλας. :)

Εγώ σ' αυτό το ερώτημα διατηρώ το δικαίωμα να εξαντλήσω τον χρόνο μου (που δεν έχω τώρα),
τις αντοχές και την ανοχή σας.

Μεζεδάκι.
Η μουσική είναι κλασικά μπλουζ θέματα, οι στίχοι λιγοστοί, αλλά...

Yer Blues - John Lennon with Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, Mitch Mitchell & Yoko Ono

Last edited:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Φτου! Με πρόλαβε ο Μαρίνος, αλλά χαλάλι. :)
Αυτό θα ήταν το δεύτερο μεζεδάκι, που χτες το βράδυ συνωστιζόταν με το Yer Blues στο μυαλό μου για την πρώτη θέση.
Ο σχολιασμός σου, Μαρίνε, εξαιρετικός· αυτή την αίσθηση ανάδυσης από τα έγκατα (που ως δύτης, γνωρίζεις καλύτερα από κάθε άλλον ;-\) μου δίνει κι εμένα, ακόμα.

Ας το έχουμε κι εδώ, όμως:

Επίσης, μια διαφορετική ερμηνεία του από την ταινία Across The Universe

μαζί με μια πεζή περιγραφή με αρκετές λεπτομέρειες από την αντίστοιχη σελίδα του γιουτιούμπ:
The song is an unusual Beatles composition for a variety of reasons, namely its length (nearly eight minutes), its disproportionately small number of lyrics (there are only fourteen different words in the song), its three-minute descension through the same repeated guitar chords (a similar arpeggiated figure appears in another of Lennon's contributions to the album, "Because"), its hard rock sound, and for its instantaneous and unanticipated end. It is also one of the last songs that the Beatles mixed as a group, on August 20, 1969.

David Gates writes of the song, "The hypnotically repeated guitar figure in 'I Want You (She's So Heavy)' is suddenly, arbitrarily cut off, jolting us into embarrassed awareness that we've let a mere recording carry us away."

The sudden end of the song was intentional and orchestrated by Lennon. In the spirit of the band, it was pushing the boundaries of what was 'allowed' on a record; full volume slashes were certainly not the norm.

The song was rehearsed several times during the Get Back/Let It Be sessions; the basic track and John's guide vocal (which is used in the master) was recorded at Trident Studios on 22 February 1969, shortly after filming for the film project ended. John and George overdubbed multi-tracked heavy guitar overdubs on 18 April 1969, and Billy Preston overdubbed keyboards, and conga drums were also added on 20 April 1969. "I Want You", then received the "she's so heavy" vocals on 11 August 1969 and thus, the title was changed into "I Want You (She's So Heavy)".

Three takes from February 22 were edited into a master (2nd generation), which was overdubbed, mixed down on April 18 (3rd generation), and overdubbed on April 18 and 20 and August 11. Different overdubs were made to the 2nd generation tape August 8. The mix is the 3rd generation for 4:37 (up to "she's so") and then the 2nd generation tape, which has a white noise and additional drums added August 8.

Mark Lewisohn wrote in "The Complete Beatles Chronicle" that there was a version of the song with Paul McCartney on lead vocals instead of John Lennon. There is a McCartney version circulating around in bootlegs and it is subject to debate whether or not the bootlegged version is authentic. Many writers speculate that Lennon chose to record several takes with McCartney on lead vocals because of the general experimental nature of the song (heaviest Beatles song to date, abrupt cutoff, limited number of words, etc.)

Τρίτο μεζεδάκι, από τον αγαπημένο μου δίσκο των Μπιτλς - παρότι δεν τον θεωρώ απαραίτητα τον καλύτερο ή τον πιο σημαντικό μουσικά, αλλά ήταν πρωτοποριακός για την εποχή του, ιδίως από μουσικούς τόσο ευρείας αποδοχής - το λευκό The Beatles, ένα βινύλιο που δεκατεσσάρων χρονών χρυσοπλήρωσα για να μου φέρουν από την Αγγλία.

Καλημέρα.

Last edited:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Ε δεν το πιστεύω! Πάλι με πρόλαβες, τώρα δα το έψαχνα!
ΟΚ, πινγκ πονγκ έχουμε ξαναπαίξει εμείς οι δυο κι ήταν καλό ματσάκι. ;)

Συμπληρώνω πάλι με τρεις αναφορές στον walrus, δύο από τον ίδιο τον Λένον:

...the walrus was Paul...

I was the walrus, but now I'm John.

κι άλλη μια ξαναζεσταμένη, από εδώ:
In 1969, a 14-year-old Beatle fanatic named Jerry Levitan snuck into John Lennon's hotel room in Toronto and convinced him to do an interview. 38 years later, Levitan, director Josh Raskin and illustrators James Braithwaite and Alex Kurina have collaborated to create an animated short film using the original interview recording as the soundtrack. A spellbinding vessel for Lennon's boundless wit and timeless message, I Met the Walrus was nominated for the 2008 Academy Award for Animated Short and won the 2009 Emmy for 'New Approaches' (making it the first film to win an Emmy on behalf of the internet).
Και δυο λόγια γι' αυτό το τραγούδι από μια από τις τελευταίες συνεντεύξεις του, το 1980 στο Playboy, από τη W:

Lennon explained much of the song to Playboy in 1980:[2]
  • "The first line was written on one acid trip one weekend. The second line was written on the next acid trip the next weekend, and it was filled in after I met Yoko... I'd seen Allen Ginsberg and some other people who liked Dylan and Jesus going on about Hare Krishna. It was Ginsberg, in particular, I was referring to. The words "Element'ry penguin" meant that it's naïve to just go around chanting Hare Krishna or putting all your faith in one idol. In those days I was writing obscurely, a la Dylan."
  • "It never dawned on me that Lewis Carroll was commenting on the capitalist system. I never went into that bit about what he really meant, like people are doing with the Beatles' work. Later, I went back and looked at it and realized that the walrus was the bad guy in the story and the carpenter was the good guy. I thought, Oh, shit, I picked the wrong guy. I should have said, 'I am the carpenter.' But that wouldn't have been the same, would it? [Sings, laughing] 'I am the carpenter....'"

xefteri

Gimme some truth

Πάντα ήταν και είναι επίκαιρος, διαχρονικός και αληθινός.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elsa

¥
Επίκαιρες, λόγω της σημερινής επετείου:
Nowhere boy, 2009, συγκινητική ταινία για τα δύσκολα παιδικά και εφηβικά χρόνια του Λένον.
The U.S. vs. John Lennon, 2006, πολύ ενδιαφέρον ντοκιμαντέρ για την πολιτική προσωπικότητα που υπήρξε.
Imagine, 1988, ντοκιμαντέρ-βιογραφία του Λένον.
Τα δύο πρώτα τα είδα σχετικά πρόσφατα και αν και ήταν εντελώς διαφορετικού στιλ, μου άρεσαν και τα δύο, το τρίτο το είχα δει αρκετά παλιότερα αλλά θυμάμαι οτι μου άρεσε επίσης.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Πολλά έχουν γραφτεί γι' αυτό, πολύς ντόρος έχει γίνει, πολλοί το έχουν τραγουδήσει, άλλοι χαλαρά γύρω από τη φωτιά σε κάποια παραλία, άλλοι υπό την απειλή των κάθε λογής μπάτσων. Εδώ συνοδεύει μια σκηνή που χαράχτηκε στη μνήμη μου, όταν επαναστατημένος έφηβος πρωτοείδα το Strawberry Statement (Φράουλες και αίμα).

Last edited:
Σχετικά άγνωστο αυτό το κομμάτι (από το Yellow Submarine):

Hey Bulldog

Last edited by a moderator:

nevergrown

Προτιμώ το Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da γιατί μου θυμίζει ευχάριστες παιδικές στιγμές, βόλτες σε σινεμά και σε παραλίες. Καθαρά βιωματικά κριτήρια...

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Παρότι είναι του Πολ, γιατί είν' η νύχτα σκοτεινή, και κρύα.

Blackbird

"]

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night.

Black bird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
all your life
you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise,oh

Μια που πιάσαμε τα βιωματικά, έτσι μ' έβαλαν να το μάθω, κι ήταν αυστηρός ο δάσκαλος, καλή του ώρα εκεί που βρίσκεται:
...the guitar accompaniment for "Blackbird" was inspired by J.S. Bach's Bourrée in E minor, a well known lute piece, often played on the classical guitar. As kids, he and George Harrison tried to learn Bourrée as a "show off" piece.

Last edited:

nevergrown

Παρότι είναι του Πολ...

Ακόμα κι αν οι στίχοι δεν είναι 100% του Τζον ( Στη βίκι "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" is a song written by Lennon/McCartney) το θεωρώ περισσότερο προϊόν συνεργασίας και των δύο. Όχι αποκλειστικά του ενός.

Στην γαλλική βίκι λέει βέβαια πως το έγραψε ο Πολ αλλά έχει πιστωθεί και στους δύο. Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da est une chanson des Beatles, écrite par Paul McCartney (créditée Lennon/McCartney), parue en novembre 1968 sur l'album The Beatles.

Ας θυμηθούμε και την συνεργασία τους που έχει να κάνει με approximately 180 jointly credited songs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lennon/McCartney

Βέβαια... According to studio engineer Geoff Emerick, John Lennon openly hated the song, calling it "Paul's granny shit".[1] After leaving the studio during recording of the song (after several days and literally dozens of takes of the song, trying different tempos and styles), Lennon returned while under the influence of marijuana, went immediately to the piano and played the opening chords much louder and faster than they had been played before. He claimed that was how the song should be played, and this is the version they ended up using.[2]

Η συνεισφορά του Τζον στο συγκεκριμένο : – backing vocal, piano, vocal percussion.

Για πολλούς παραμένει παιδιακίστικο κομμάτι.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
nevergrown, το "παρότι είναι του Πολ" δεν αναφερόταν στο Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, αλλά στο Blackbird.
Πάντως, ευχαριστούμε που μας ενημέρωσες ότι τα περισσότερα τραγούδια των Μπιτλς γράφτηκαν από το πιο γνωστό συνθετικό δίδυμο στην ιστορία της μουσικής.
Όσο για το παιδιάστικο του τραγουδιού, περί ορέξεως...