Τα καλύτερα μουσικά γιουτιουμπάκια: Λέοναρντ Κοέν

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Αυτό τώρα μπαίνει για τις αδελφές Webb. Για να μαγέψουμε δύο αισθήσεις μαζί.

Leonard Cohen & The Webb Sisters: If It Be Your Will (Λονδίνο, 2009)

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Because Of (Dear Heather) - Leonard Cohen

Because of a few songs
Wherein I spoke of their mystery,
Women have been
Exceptionally kind
to my old age.
They make a secret place
In their busy lives
And they take me there.
They become naked
In their different ways
and they say,
"Look at me, Leonard
Look at me one last time."
Then they bend over the bed
And cover me up
Like a baby that is shivering.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Go no more a-roving

"So, we'll go no more a roving" is a poem, written by (George Gordon) Lord Byron (1788–1824), and included in a letter to Thomas Moore on 28 February 1817. Moore published the poem in 1830 as part of Letters and Journals of Lord Byron.
It evocatively describes the fatigue of age conquering the restlessness of youth. Byron wrote the poem at the age of twenty-nine.

In the letter to Thomas Moore, the poem is preceded by an account of its genesis. "At present, I am on the invalid regimen myself. The Carnival--that is, the latter part of it, and sitting up late o' nights--had knocked me up a little. But it is over--and it is now Lent, with all its abstinence and sacred music... Though I did not dissipate much upon the whole, yet I find 'the sword wearing out the scabbard,' though I have but just turned the corner of twenty nine."

Recited by Sir John Gielgud

So we'll go no more a roving
So late into the night,
Though the heart be still as loving,
And the moon be still as bright.

For the sword outwears its sheath,
And the soul wears out the breast,
And the heart must pause to breathe,
And Love itself have rest.

Though the night was made for loving,
And the day returns too soon,
Yet we'll go no more a roving
By the light of the moon.

(http://rpo.library.utoronto.ca/poem/366.html)

Così più non andremo
(George Gordon Byron – Poesie 1917 1817)

Così, più non andremo
In giro senza meta,
Nella notte fonda
Anche se il cuore vuole ancora amore
E la luna risplende luminosa.

Perchè, come la spada logora il suo fodero,
L'animo consuma il petto:
Deve placarsi allora il cuore
E l'amore stesso riposare.

Così, anche se la notte fu creata
Per amare; anche se il giorno
Ritorna troppo presto: noi
Più non andremo in giro senza meta
Alla luce della luna.

(Μετάφραση: Franco Buffoni, http://www.lavoceditutti.it/default.asp?content=t_20070406_c)

Joan Baez (στο Dailymotion, γιατί από το γιουτιούμπ σβήστηκε)

Last edited:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Dance Me to the End of Love - The Civil Wars

[video=youtube;ED97KMfm8O8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ED97KMfm8O8[/video]

pidyo

Δεν είναι γιουτιουμπάκι, αλλά ένα καινούριο τραγούδι από τον νέο δίσκο του Μεγάλου σε ένα ωραίο άρθρο αξίζει να κάνουμε τα στραβά μάτια.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Σ' ευχαριστούμε πάρα πολύ. Ερχόμουν κι εγώ να προσθέσω το Show Me The Place, που δίνει δωράκι, αλλά με πρόλαβες.

Με πρόλαβε κι ο Dorian Lynskey, που πήρε τη συνέντευξη, στη διαπίστωση: «He is already older than Johnny Cash was when he released his final album; soon he'll creatively outlive Frank Sinatra». Έκπληξη, ωστόσο, ήταν η πληροφορία: «He has never enjoyed a hit single or (outside his native Canada and, for some reason, Norway) a platinum album».

SBE

¥
Εγώ ελπίζω απλώς να αντέξει για μια ακόμα σειρά συναυλιών, και να καταφέρω να πάω γιατί την προηγούμενη φορά που ήρθε Λονδίνο παραήταν ακριβό το εισιτήριο. Και δεν έχω γνωστούς μου φαν.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Όλα τα τραγούδια του τα προτιμώ πια με τη βραχνάδα της ηλικίας, ακόμα και τα πιο κλασικά. Αυτό που ακούω εξίσου ευχάριστα με όλες τις φωνές του είναι, νομίζω, ο Παρτιζάνος (αποπάνω, στα 31:12). (Πάντα περιμένω με αγωνία πότε θα μπουν οι κοπελιές.) (Και πάλι ευχαριστίες.)

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Ο Κοέν στη Κομοτηνή

του Θοδωρή Γκόνη, στο σημερινό Protagon

Ας βάλω και το τραγούδι, χωρίς βίντεο:

Going home

I love to speak with Leonard
He’s a sportsman and a shepherd
He’s a lazy bastard
Living in a suit

But he does say what I tell him
Even though it isn’t welcome
He will never have the freedom
To refuse

He will speak these words of wisdom
Like a sage, a man of vision
Though he knows he’s really nothing
But the brief elaboration of a tube

Going home
Without my sorrow
Going home
Sometime tomorrow
To where it’s better
Than before

Going home
Without my burden
Going home
Behind the curtain
Going home
Without the costume
That I wore

He wants to write a love song
An anthem of forgiving
A manual for living with defeat

A cry above the suffering
A sacrifice recovering
But that isn’t what I want him to complete

I want to make him certain
That he doesn’t have a burden
That he doesn’t need a vision

That he only has permission
To do my instant bidding
That is to SAY what I have told him
To repeat

I love to speak with Leonard
He’s a sportsman and a shepherd
He’s a lazy bastard
Living in a suit

http://www.newyorker.com/fiction/poetry/2012/01/23/120123po_poem_cohen

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Songs of Leonard Cohen (1967)

01. 00:00 "Suzanne"
02. 03:49 "Master Song"
03. 09:44 "Winter Lady"
04. 12:00 "The Stranger Song"
05. 17:06 "Sisters of Mercy"
06. 20:41 "So Long, Marianne"
07. 26:19 "Hey, That's No Way to Say Goodbye"
08. 29:15 "Stories of the Street"
09. 33:49 "Teachers"
10. 36:50 "One of Us Cannot Be Wrong"
Bonus Tracks on 2007 Reissue
11. 41:17 "Store Room"
12. 46:20 "Blessed Is the Memory"

Last edited:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Songs of Love and Hate (1971)

1. "Avalanche" - 0:00
2. "Last Year's Man" - 5:03
3. "Dress Rehearsal Rag" - 11:04
4. "Diamonds in the Mine" - 17:13
5. "Love Calls You by Your Name" - 21:04
6. "Famous Blue Raincoat" - 26:45
7. "Sing Another Song, Boys" (Live at the Isle of Wight Festival, August 31, 1970) - 31:57
8. "Joan of Arc" - 38:11
9. "Dress Rehearsal Rag"- 44:37

Backup: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTAxNTEyODA4.html

Last edited:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Ας βάλω και το τραγούδι, χωρίς βίντεο:

Ας βάλω και τον δίσκο, με τα εξώφυλλα. Old Ideas (2012)

καλημέρα

01 00:00 "Going Home"
02 03:48 "Amen"
03 11:22 "Show Me the Place"
04 15:30 "Darkness"
05 19:59 "Anyhow"
06 23:06 "Crazy to Love You"
07 26:10 "Come Healing"
08 29:00 "Banjo"
09 32:20 "Lullaby"
10 37:01 "Different Sides"

Last edited:

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Αυτές οι παραστάσεις του ώριμου Κοέν είναι οι αγαπημένες μου, θα το έχω ξαναπεί. Αλλά η συναυλία του Λονδίνου έχει τα καλύτερα γιουτιουμπάκια. Επειδή στο παραπάνω είναι μπουκωμένος ο ήχος, σύγκρινε με αυτό:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
LA Ladies Choir » Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah"

I first worked with Ariana Delwari, one of the founding members of the LA Ladies Choir, about 10 years ago. I was filming a spec commercial in Joshua Tree and she was nice enough to lip sync White Snake's "Here I Go Again" while driving through the desert. The LA Ladies Choir is an example of one of the great things music can do, bring so many different and incredible people together and when they perform, you can see the joy in that. They're made up of a group of friends, artists and members of some of the great indie bands around LA and we've been really lucky to have them as big supporters of TVP. They've even made a connection with the ladies in Gulu, the two choirs teaching each other songs over Skype (looks like they learned the classic Acholi ululation that you always hear the Gulu ladies celebrate with at the end of a song). The LA ladies actually performed one of the Gulu songs at our last Roosevelt Hotel event... it was amazing and connected everyone at the event back to where this all started in a beautiful way.

One of the great things about this whole process is when you tell someone about the story of what's happened in Uganda, how music is being used, what some of the lyrics are and then talk with them about covering someone else, is to see where their minds go... to a friend they might want to bring in, a song that captures the same spirit as those being used to bring home the soldiers, or in this case, just the sublime beauty of the sentiment behind that message. I think Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah captures that as well as any song one could think of. — Ryan

~ The Voice Project

I filled two notebooks and I remember being in the Royalton Hotel, on the carpet in my underwear, banging my head on the floor and saying, 'I can't finish this song.'
~ Leonard Cohen

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Leonard Cohen Explores ‘Popular Problems’ on 13th Studio Album

On September 23, two days after his 80th birthday, legendary singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen will release his 13th studio album “Popular Problems.” The new LP is a 9 song collection that, according to a press release, finds Cohen exploring “the avenue of our dreams” and setting a “new tone and speed of hope and despair, joy and grief.” In other words, it’s a Leonard Cohen album.

The first single is “Almost Like the Blues,” a jazzy piano number that opens up with the bleak line “I saw some people starving, there was murder, there was rape. Their villages were burning, they were trying to escape.” The song continues on for three-and-a-half minutes, with Cohen musing more on death, torture, war and “bad reviews.” If you’re already bummed out, it might be best to back-burner this one for a few hours.
[...]

blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/08/19/leonard-cohen-popular-problems/