Ο ταρίφας κατεβαίνει τη Συγγρού

Ο ταρίφας κατεβαίνει τη Συγγρού

Ο ταρίφας κατεβαίνει τη Συγγρού. Ένας τύπος με μια βαλίτσα του κάνει νόημα. Σταματάει ο ταρίφας και ρωτάει:
"Πού πας, ρε μεγάλε;"
"Στη Φρανκφούρτη!", λέει αυτός.
"Έμπα!", απαντάει ο ταρίφας.
Μετά από... τρεις μέρες και ενώ το κοντέρ έχει γράψει 325.000 δραχμές, φτάνουν στη Φρανκφούρτη. Κατεβαίνει ο τύπος και ο ταρίφας πάει να φύγει.
"Ωραία θα ήταν", λέει από μέσα του, "να βρίσκαμε τώρα και κανέναν για την επιστροφή, ε;"
Εκεί που το λέει, τσουπ, βλέπει έναν τύπο να του κάνει νόημα!
"Πού πας, ρε γίγαντα;" τον ρωτάει.
"Στη... Γλυφάδα", λέει αυτός.
"Έμπα", λέει ο ταρίφας και ξεκινάνε. Πέντε χιλιόμετρα πιο πέρα, ο ταρίφας βλέπει κι άλλον να του κάνει νόημα.
"Να τον πάρουμε, άμα λάχει;" ρωτάει... τυπικά και -βέβαια- σταματάει έτσι κι αλλιώς και ρωτάει:
"Πού πάμε, ρε γίγαντα;"
"Στου... Ζωγράφου!" λέει ο τύπος.
Και ο ταρίφας: "Μπα. Εμείς πάμε... παραλία"!

Please tell me the point of this joke and what τη Συγγρού means.:curse::confused:

Alexandra

Super Moderator
Staff member
Συγγρού is Syngrou Avenue in Athens.

The point of this joke is that taxi drivers in Athens always get multiple fares by taking more than one customer at a time. So, the potential customers tell the driver where they are heading, so he can decide if he will let them get in the taxi. This time, the driver is in Frankfurt, and he already has one customer who wants to go back to Athens (Glyfada is a suburb), so it would be really stupid not to accept the second customer, just because Glyfada and Zografou (which is a more central neighborhood) aren't very close together in Athens.

Inachus

Συγγρού is Syngrou Avenue in Athens. This time, the driver is in Frankfurt, and he already has one customer who wants to go back to Athens (Glyfada is a suburb), so it would be really stupid not to accept the second customer, just because Glyfada and Zografou (which is a more central neighborhood) aren't very close together in Athens.
Exactly!

If the place were not Frankfurt but the centre of Athens, it would be logical for the taxi driver not to accept the second customer, because Glyfada and Zografou are suburbs lying to different directions.But now that they are so many kms away from Greece (i.e. in Frankfurt), "Εμείς πάμε... παραλία" ("we are going to the seaside", i.e. Glyfada) sounds as a joke.