Δαι μουσικές (daeman's tunes)

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
The 20 Catchiest Songs (in the UK according to this experiment)

Catchiest? Perhaps "most recognizable"?

Τέλος πάντων. Στην εικοσάδα:
- τέσσερα τραγούδια τα άκουγα για πρώτη φορά
- κάποιων εκτελεστών τα ονόματα τα άκουγα για πρώτη φορά
- για πολλά γνωστά τραγούδια θα ήταν αδύνατο να σου πω τον τίτλο (δικό μου πρόβλημα)

Αλλά διαμαρτύρονται κι άλλοι στα σχόλια εκεί, π.χ.

Lady Gaga is on the list twice but nothing by the Beatles or Rolling Stones? How can the average person not instantly recognize "Yesterday" or "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"?

Απαντά κάποιος:
Re the absence of Beatles and Rolling Stones songs: Copyright issues. These two band are notoriously picky about the use of their songs.

Οπότε...

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Catchiest? Perhaps "most recognizable"? ...

"Most recognizable" they are, indeed, but you know how the tune goes in titles.
"The most recognizable" is not as catchy as "The catchiest." :-) Πιασάρικοι τίτλοι, εξτραβαγκάντσες.

Αλλά διαμαρτύρονται κι άλλοι στα σχόλια εκεί, π.χ.

Lady Gaga is on the list twice but nothing by the Beatles or Rolling Stones? How can the average person not instantly recognize "Yesterday" or "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"?

Απαντά κάποιος:
Re the absence of Beatles and Rolling Stones songs: Copyright issues. These two band are notoriously picky about the use of their songs.

Οπότε...

"Nothing by the Beatles or Rolling Stones"? :woot: Well, they're humming a tune without hearing it first:

FAQs

How was the genre of music picked?
The aim was to get a high proportion of easily recognisable tracks so it was decided to use pop music.

Why are there different decades?

In order to engage a large cross-section of the population there had to be music to suit everyone.

... [SPOΙLER]
How was the music picked per decade?
The top 50 selling tracks from each decade were chosen, sold during that period.

How much music is there in the system?
There are 276 tracks divided into around 1,000 clips so if you pick the "All" category you can play "Recognise that Tune" over a thousand times before hearing everything.
I seemed to hear a lot of Beatles tracks?
In the 60s category there are many Beatles tracks since the Beatles dominated the charts in the 60s.[/SPOΙLER] ...

Όσο έπαιξα πάντως (όσο πρόκαμα πριν ξαναπέσω στο μαγκανοπήγαδο), σε καμιά εικοσαριά δείγματα τραγουδιών που άκουσα από όλες τις δεκαετίες, από του '40 μέχρι σήμερα, τα πέντε ήταν των Beatles, και αυθεντικές ηχογραφήσεις από τους ίδιους, και τραγουδιών τους από άλλους. Για να βεβαιωθώ μετά τα παράπονα των μενταλφλοσικών σχολιαστών, έπαιξα μόλις τώρα άλλη μια εικοσάδα, πάλι από όλες τις δεκαετίες, και ιδού τα αποτελέσματα που δεν δικαιολογούν την γκρίνια τους:

They can't get no satisfaction; they should floss their ears (and what's in between) and mouths. :rolleyes:
Παρακούσματα, φαλτσαρίσματα και παραφωνίες.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Ο Μπάμπης ο Φλου (ρεμπέτικο) - Ζωρζ Πιλαλί & Δημήτρης Πουλικάκος + Σούφρα Band

Θεοκωμωδία (1994) - Ζωρζ Πιλαλί + Big Time Sarah + Louisiana Red + Δ. Πουλικάκος + Νίκος Μηλιώνης + Σούφρα Band

1. Χορός Α Και Β (1:56) / 2. Ζούλα (4:44) / 3. Τεκετζής (3:31) / 4. Φωνή εξ ουρανού (0:08)
5. Βετεράνοι των λεωφορείων (4:16) / 6. Πωλ Σιδηρό (0:08) / 7. Μπάμπης ο Φλου (3:54) 8. Θεοκωμωδία (2:27)
9. Στο Χάρλεμ (3:30) / 10. Sweet Home Chicago (5:00) / 11. Never Mousaka On Sunday (0:46)
12. Rambling On My Mind (4:08) / 13. White Room (0:15) / 14. The Sky Is Crying (6:29) / 15. Working Mule (2:52)
16. Εισαγωγή στα Βαλκάνια (1:00) / 17. Βαλκανικό Blues (3:38) / 18. Μυΐγα (0:14)
19. Άμα το λέει η σούφρα σου (Θανατική ποινή) (4:26) / 20. Ζωρζ Πιλαλί Blues (4:11) / 21. Ragtime Ζωρζ (0:18)

Ornette Coleman (1930-2015)

Και από τη φωνή της Camille Bertault:
[video]https://video-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xft1/v/t42.1790-2/11424804_1671117916454241_423206825_n.mp4?oh=d33ca91aa931cfd30faf0cb0ebbc64ff&oe=5583D014[/video]

Λιγοστεύουν οι Ήρωες της νιότης· παίρνουμε σειρά...

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Ταξίμι χιτζασκιάρ - Γιώργος Μανωλάκης + Στέφανος Κουρουπάκης

Μυστήριο Ζεϊμπέκικο

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
100 Riffs: A brief history of Rock ('n' rollin') - Alex Chadwick

Ω τα παντέρμα ρίφια και πώς χορευτακίζουνε
κι απάνω στις μαδάρες πώς τραμπαλίζουνε :-)

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Song to the Siren - Tim Buckley

Long afloat on shipless oceans
I did all my best to smile
Hear me sing
'Swim to me, swim to me
Let me enfold you
Here I am, here I am
Waiting to hold you'

Elizabeth Fraser & Robin Guthrie @This Mortal Coil

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Sitting in the midday sun - The Kinks

I'm sitting by the side of a river
Underneath the pale blue sky
I've got no need to worry, I'm in no hurry
I'm looking at the world go by

Just sitting in the midday sun
Just soaking up that currant bun
With no particular purpose or reason
Sitting in the midday sun

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Σύννεφο - Γιώργης Μανωλάκης (στους γερανούς στο λιμάνι Ηρακλείου)

Μουσική του Γιώργη Μανωλάκη σε στίχους άγνωστου μαντιναδόρου

Ήθελα να 'μαι σύννεφο να με φυσά τ' αγέρι
να με φυσήξει μια βραδιά, κοντά σου να με φέρει

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Thrace - Sokratis Sinopoulos Quartet

Errichetta Festival, Teatro Palladium, Rome, January 2015

Σωκράτης Σινόπουλος - λύρα / Yann Keerim - πιάνο / Δημήτρης Τσεκούρας - κοντραμπάσο / Δημήτρης Εμμανουήλ - τύμπανα