Δαι μουσικές (daeman's tunes)

Το ανακάλυψα και σας το παραθέτω αυθωρεί και παραχρήμα, διότι δεν μπορεί να λείπει από αυτό το thread. Ελπίζω να συμφωνείτε.

Lead Belly, Folk-Music Giant, Has a Smithsonian Moment
By ALAN LIGHT / NYT

"Lead Belly: The Smithsonian Folkways Collection," a five-CD set, is scheduled to be released, and "Legend of Lead Belly," a documentary, will have its television premiere.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah!!! Wow!!! Oh!!!
Κώστα, φλίπαρες φρίπαρες; :-) Σε συμμερίζομαι.

Για άλλο όμως ήρθα εδώ:

Valia Calda is a project founded in London by brothers Thodoris & Nikos Ziarkas. A project that fulfills their shared passion for composing and performing music that is inspired by the Greek Folk tradition, whilst drawing influences from a vast variety of styles.

Their involvement with the Greek traditional music from an early age, followed by their interest in contemporary music has created the urge to combine into their music Mediterranean sounds, Jazz harmonies, complex Balkan rhythms and free improvisation.

The diversity of rhythmic language, improvisations, and sounds that is brought into compositions, alongside with experimental arrangements of Greek folk tunes merges the group’s material. Each member embraces the material with a unique approach and creativity exploring new sonic possibilities and always expanding the group’s musical boundaries.

Valia Calda was invited to appear on the BBC Proms Plus Late series in September 2014, an event that was recorded and broadcasted by Radio 3. Other performances include EFG London Jazz Festival 2014 and Cambridge Jazz Weekend amongst others. The band’s debut EP was released in November 2014 as an independent production, which will be followed by a European tour.

Rob Milne: bass clarinet/clarinet/flute, Sam Warner: trumpet & flugelhorn, Nikos Ziarkas: guitar/oud/electronics, Thodoris Ziarkas: double bass, Gaspar Sena: drums

Epirus Suite

Neda

Ornette in space

28.02.2015: Avgo / Thessaloniki, Greece, http://avgo.music-village.gr/gr/component/k2/item/141-valia_calda

Πολύ ωραία τα δύο πρώτα, ωραίες ενορχηστρώσεις. Πλήκτρα υποθέτω παίζει ο Νίκος Ζιάρκας, γιατί "electronics" δεν άκουσα.

Ε ναι, το Red είναι μνημειώδης σύνθεση στα πλαίσια της ροκ. Πλούσιο πράμα, σε μέτρα, σε μέρη, σε ενέργεια. Εφάμιλλο και κτγμ καλύτερο από τις καλύτερες δυνατές ινστρουμένταλ στιγμές των Led Zeppelin (Houses of the Holy) και των Deep Purple (Fireball).

Και του Terry Riley, ωραία σύνθεση!

Αλλά για άλλο ήρθα :):
Orrin Keepnews, Record Executive and Producer of Jazz Classics, Dies at 91
NATE CHINEN / NYT
Mr. Keepnews, a four-time Grammy winner, produced classic albums from the likes of Sonny Rollins, Thelonious Monk and Bill Evans, and helped found Riverside Records.

Στη μνήμη του, λοιπόν:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Now that's a lounge lizard if I've ever seen one! :D In a sentimental mood, too.

In a Sentimental Mood - The Lounge Lizards

Από τις πάμπολλες εκτελέσεις του In a Sentimental Mood, αυτή μοιάζει αρκετά με την παραπάνω των cool Αργόσχολων Σαυρών (ή μάλλον το αντίστροφο), και μου είναι είναι και πολύ αγαπητή.

Από τις πάμπολλες εκτελέσεις του In a Sentimental Mood, αυτή μοιάζει αρκετά με την παραπάνω των cool Αργόσχολων Σαυρών

Σημαίνει μάλλον κάτι σαν «ζιγκολό».
Ο Τζον Λιούρι ασχολείται λέει με τη ζωγραφική τώρα. Μα τι μου θυμίσατε!

Σημαίνει μάλλον κάτι σαν «ζιγκολό».
Εδώ το λέει χωρίς συγκεκριμένη αναφορά στο ζιγκολίκι: An idle man who spends his time in places frequented by rich and fashionable people. Κάτι σαν παράσιτο των σαλονιών.
Και εδώ επίσης: a person who does no work and who likes to be with rich fashionable people.
Τέλος πάντων, αυτό δεν αναιρεί τη δυνατότητα να αναφερθεί κανείς στην κυριολεξία, όπως ας πούμε κάνει η φωτογραφία που έβαλε ο daeman.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Τέλος πάντων, αυτό δεν αναιρεί τη δυνατότητα να αναφερθεί κανείς στην κυριολεξία, όπως ας πούμε κάνει η φωτογραφία που έβαλε ο daeman.

Η φωτογραφία που έβαλε ο daeman είναι, λέει, πραγματική (το «λέει» επειδή η πηγή είναι η Daily Mail):

This lizard was caught on camera apparently strumming a leaf to its heart's content. The forest dragon lizard was spotted in the unusual pose by professional photographer Aditya Permana in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. The 33-year-old caught the comical snap earlier this week and watched the critter for more than an hour before it began practicing its chords.

Ωστόσο, ενώ η φωτογραφία μού άρεσε, δεν μου πολυάρεσε το λογοπαίγνιο που έκαναν στον τίτλο τους (Is he playing Thin Lizard?) κι αποφάσισα να παίξω με την κυριολεξία της φράσης lounge lizard, όπως διάλεξαν τη μεταφορική της σημασία για το όνομά τους οι Lounge Lizards —η πρώτη λεκτική και ακουστική εικόνα που σχηματίστηκε στο νου μου μόλις είδα τη φωτογραφία. Καλός ο Φιλ Λάινοτ και οι Thin Lizzy, αλλά μπρος στους αδελφούς Λούρι και την παρέα τους...
Πιο ακριβές βέβαια θα ήταν το lounging lizard, έλα όμως που δεν ξέρω μουσικό ή μπάντα με αυτό το όνομα. :-)

Για τη σημασία της φράσης lounge lizard τώρα —την παραδοσιακή τουλάχιστον, γιατί φαίνεται πως έχει επεκταθεί— από τον Γουίλιαμ Σάφαϊρ:

ON LANGUAGE
By WILLIAM SAFIRE; Couch Potatoes and Lounge Lizards

Published: March 08, 1987

THERE I WAS, LYING on my back, bubble gum wadded in my cheek, a copy of ''Sheena, Queen of the Jungle'' held before my deliciously shocked eyes, ready to yell the fa-vorite comic-book sound, ''Aieeeee!'' as the muscular maiden pounced on some unsuspecting leopard, when my mother appeared at the doorway like a Neil Simon heroine to pronounce the awful imprecation: ''Lounge lizard!''

This meant I was being told to go out and get some fresh air, or get a job, or do something otherwise active and edifying. I did not realize it at the time, but lounge lizard was a phrase coined around 1912 to refer not to the merely lazy but to the stingily lascivious: the person being derogated was a young cheapskate who tried to pet in a girl's parlor without first taking her out and springing for a soda and a movie.

Synonymous phrases were parlor snake and chairwarmer, but the alliteration and z sound in lounge lizard won out, especially with the later, second meaning of one who hangs out in cocktail lounges. Laziness, without the overlay of stinginess, appeared in such words as dillydallier, lotus-eater, goldbrick and, one of my favorite Americanisms, lollygagger. In time, the mental picture of a reptile lying on a rock in the sun superseded the meaning of the penny-pinching lecher.

Για να έχει και μουσική το ποστ —και μάλιστα αργόσχολες σαύρες πάλι, σε εντελώς διαφορετικό κλίμα όμως— οι Austin Lounge Lizards, μια σατιρική μπάντα μπλούγκρας από το Τέξας (σύμφωνα με τους ίδιους «the most laughable band in show business»), ενεργή από το 1980.

We've been through some crappy times before

You say the last elections didn't turn out like you planned
you're feeling blue and clueless, you just don't understand
You're sad and soaky, somber, solemn, moping and morose
you're woeful, doleful, weak and weary, semi-comatose

You stare at your computer screen devoid of joy and hope
you're so depressed you can't get dressed, you're noosing up a rope
But just remind yourself when you can't stand it anymore
that we've been through some crappy times before

slavery and bribe and knavery and the Civil War
Don't stop caring, stop despairing, get up off the floor
'cause we've been through some crappy times before

Intolerable intolerance has swept across the land
the Gospel thumpin' homophobes have got the upper hand
They're peeping through the windows and they're creeping through the door
but we've been through some crappy times before

McCarthyism, Prohibition and the World War
We're up the creek, the boat is leaking, still we'll reach the shore

Though we hear reassurances that everything is fine
it's been a while since we heard a canary in this mine
Just when you think it's really bad, it gets a little worse
but keep on looking forward, though we're going in reverse

You shout out that the Emperor's not wearing any clothes
he lies so much that you could hang your laundry from his nose
The fox is in the hen-house and the wolf is at the door
but we've been through some crappy times before

indiscretions, floods, depressions, Vietnam and more
The sun has set but don't forget, another day's in store

Yes, we've been through some crappy times before
Yes, we've been through some crappy times, crappy times, crappy times

:whistle:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction & Rondo Capriccioso - The Commander In Chief & Craig Ogden

This is the first ever guitar recording of Introduction & Rondo Capriccioso (by C. Saint-Saens), which is normally played by violin virtuosos. The video was filmed outside the Opera House in Oslo, Norway, in August 2014. It was produced/directed and edited by Elisabeth Hagen (The Commander-In-Chief´s manager). The album was recorded at Velvet Recording, Norway, in July 2014.

The violin-and-orchestra piece was written in 1863 by Camille Saint-Saëns for virtuoso violinist Pablo de Sarasate.

"This is my favorite song of all the classical ones I have recorded," says the Commander-In-Chief, who plays a seven-string Ibanez model. "It has a very sad but also unpredictable and playful vibe to it. It was the first song we picked for the album, and the entire album was built around it.

"I wasn't sure if the last minute and 34 seconds (from 8:12 onward) would be physically possible to play on guitar when I started studying this piece of music.

"While looking at the score, I noticed it would require rapid changes between various techniques—sweeping, tapping and alternate picking—in order to hit all the notes. It was a huge challenge to be able to do that and keep an even sound.
Only after practicing it six to eight hours a day for six months did I know it was doable.

"This song has never been recorded as a guitar version before; I used the violin version of the great J. Heifetz as my reference."

http://www.guitarworld.com/commander-chief-premieres-introduction-et-rondo-capriccioso-music-video

The Commander-In-Chief (born Berit Hagen in 1989) is a Norwegian female guitarist and singer. She plays metal-pop / classical-crossover.

Berit Hagen was born in Bergen, Norway in 1989. She has lived in several countries, including Norway, the USA and UK. She speaks several languages fluently, including Norwegian, English, Italian, and French. When she lived in Chicago she took lessons in visual art with the established artist Linda Cohn. She started playing the guitar in 2005, at the age of 16.

The world's biggest metal magazine Metal Hammer has called her "The Queen Of Shred" and has proclaimed her one of the world's ten most exciting metal guitarists. Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal in Guns N' Roses has said about her that "She is a great talent with proper metal spirit". Total Guitar Magazine said this:
It's a sad fact that when you think of shred guitarists, the majority of them will be men. Enter The Commander-In-Chief, a seven-string wielding uber shredding female who's ready to melt faces and shatter stereotypes. This Norwegian Metal maiden has her eyes set to command and conquer the masses.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
From a deadbeat to an old greaser - Jethro Tull

From an old greaser to a deadbeat :whistle: :

You're the One That I Want (Grease) - Tragedy: All Metal Tribute to the Bee Gees & Beyond

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Μια που πιάσαμε την Μπαλάντα του γέρου ναυτικού εκεί, εδώ οι Tiger Lillies στο Festival Temps d'Images τον Οκτώβριο του 2012:

The Rime of the Ancient Mariner - The Tiger Lillies & Mark Holthutsen

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Canción Mixteca (Paris, Texas) - Ry Cooder

¡Qué lejos estoy del suelo donde he nacido!
inmensa nostalgia invade mi pensamiento;
y al verme tan solo y triste cual hoja al viento,
quisiera llorar, quisiera morir de sentimiento.

¡Oh Tierra del Sol! Suspiro por verte
ahora que lejos yo vivo sin luz, sin amor;
y al verme tan solo y triste cual hoja al viento,
quisiera llorar, quisiera morir de sentimiento.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Μπαγάσας - Νικόλας Άσιμος

Aφήνω πίσω τις αγορές και τα παζάρια
Θέλω να τρέξω στις καλαμιές και τα λιβάδια
να ξαναγίνω καβαλάρης
και ξαναέλα να με πάρεις, ουρανέ
για δεν υπήρξα κατεργάρης
και τη χρειάζομαι τη χάρη σου, μωρέ

Ρε μπαγάσα! Περνάς καλά εκεί πάνω;
Μιαν ανάσα γυρεύω για να γιάνω
Δεν το πιστεύω να με χλευάζεις
σαν σε χαζεύω, δε χαμπαριάζεις
Πρότεινέ μου κάποια λύση
δε θα σου παρακοστίσει

Και θα σου φτιάχνω τραγουδάκια
με τα πιο όμορφα στιχάκια στο ρεφρέν
Για το χαμένο μου αγώνα
που τ' αστεράκια μείναν μόνα να τον κλαιν

Αφήνω πίσω το σαματά και τους ανθρώπους
Έχω χορτάσει κατραπακιές και ψάχνω τρόπους
πώς να ξεφύγω από τη μοίρα
κι έχω μέσα μου πλημμύρα, ουρανέ
για δεν υπήρξα κατεργάρης
και θα το θες να με φλερτάρεις, γαλανέ

Ρε μπαγάσα! Περνάς καλά εκεί πάνω;
Κάνε πάσα καμιά ματιά και χάμω
κει που κοιμάσαι και αρμενίζεις
ξάφνου αστράφτεις και μπουμπουνίζεις
κι ότι σου 'ρθει κατεβάζεις
μη θαρρείς πως με ταράζεις

Γιατί σου φτιάχνω τραγουδάκια
με τα πιο όμορφα στιχάκια στο ρεφρέν
Για το χαμένο μου αγώνα
που τ' αστεράκια μείναν μόνα να τον κλαιν

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
5:15 bass solo - John Entwistle (Royal Albert Hall, 2000)

"I am the Lord thy God who brought you unto the land of Low Registers, into the bassage.
You shall bow yourself down to my Apostles who come with a bow or not, fretted or fretless,
and I, Thunderfingers, will show loving kindness to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments..."

:inno:

Let us praise The Ox with this hymn:

Endangered Species (Wayne Shorter) live x2 (2012 & 2009) - Esperanza Spalding

Last edited:
Διαμαντάκι το Endangered Species!
Παραδεισένιο θάνατο όνομα και πράμα είχε ο Βους...
Πέθανε προ ημερών ο Βαγγέλης ο Βέκιος...Προσπάθησε λέει να αποφύγει ένα ζώο που πετάχτηκε στο δρόμο και χτύπησε στο κεφάλι...

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
... Πέθανε προ ημερών ο Βαγγέλης ο Βέκιος... Προσπάθησε λέει να αποφύγει ένα ζώο που πετάχτηκε στο δρόμο και χτύπησε στο κεφάλι...

Την Τρίτη, δυστυχώς. «Μη μου το πεις, οι παλιοί μας φίλοι, μην το πεις, για πάντα φύγαν...»

(Κάνε κάτι λοιπόν να χάσω) Το τρένο - Μουσικές Ταξιαρχίες (Λήδρα, 1983)