Δαι μουσικές (daeman's tunes)

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Ellington at Newport (1956, Remastered 1999 CD)

Personnel, Track listing.

In 1996, a tape was discovered in the Voice of America's archive of its radio broadcasts which changed everything. It turned out that the 1956 album which was produced had indeed been fabricated with studio performances mixed with some live recordings and artificial applause. Only about 40% of the 1956 recording was actually live. The reason for this was that Ellington felt the under-rehearsed Festival suite had not been performed up to recording release standards, and he wished to have a better version on tape if it was to be issued on record. Producer George Avakian did as Ellington asked and the band entered the studio immediately after the festival. Avakian mixed in the studio version with portions of the live performance. The applause was dubbed onto the original release to cover up the fact that Gonsalves had been playing into the wrong microphone and was often completely inaudible.

On the 1999 reissue, the VoA live recording and the live Columbia tapes were painstakingly pieced together using digital technology to create a stereophonic recording of the most well-known Ellington performance of the past fifty years, this time with Gonsalves's solo clearly heard, though the beginning of the audience cheering and noise at around the seventh or eighth chorus of the solo can still be heard as well. (Stereophonic LP records were not mass-produced until 1957, the year after the recording.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellington_at_Newport#Recordings

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Fleetwood Mac (1968 vinyl + 1999 re-release tracks) - Fleetwood Mac

Peter Green – vocals, guitar, harmonica / Jeremy Spencer – vocals, slide guitar, piano
John McVie – bass guitar / Mick Fleetwood – drums / Bob Brunning – bass guitar on "Long Grey Mare"

01 - My Heart Beat Like a Hammer 00:00 / 02 - Merry-Go-Round 03:31 / 03 - Long Grey Mare 07:50
04 - Hellhound on My Trail 10:06 / 05 - Shake Your Moneymaker 12:12 / 06 - Looking for Somebody 15:26
07 - No Place to Go 18:17 / 08 - My Babys Good to Me 21:38 / 09 - I Loved Another Woman 24:29
10 - Cold Black Night 27:25 / 11 - The World Keep on Turning 30:42 / 12 - Got to Move 33:11

13 - My Heart Beat Like a Hammer [-] 36:31 / 14 - Merry-Go-Round [-] 40:15
15 - I Loved Another Woman (Takes 1, 2, 3 & 4) [-] 41:11 / 16 - I Loved Another Woman (Takes 5 & 6) [-] 47:19
17 - Cold Black Night (Takes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) [-] 52:30 / 18 - You're So Evil
[*]
57:59 / 19 - I'm Coming Home to Stay [-] 1:01:06

The English continue to prove how well into the blues they really are, and know how to lay it down and shove it back across the Atlantic. Fleetwood Mac are representative of how far the blues has penetrated — far enough for a group of London East-Enders to have cut a record potent enough to make the South Side of Chicago take notice.

~ Barry Gifford, Rolling Stone, August 10, 1968

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Mr. Wonderful - Fleetwood Mac

Peter Green – vocals, guitar, harmonica / Jeremy Spencer – vocals, slide guitar
John McVie – bass guitar / Mick Fleetwood – drums
+
Christine Perfect – keyboards, piano, vocals / Duster Bennett – harmonica
Steve Gregory, Dave Howard – alto saxophone / Johnny Almond, Roland Vaughan – tenor saxophone

01 - Stop Messin' Round 00:00 / 02 - I've Lost My Baby 02:34 / 03 - RoIlin Man 06:53 / 04 - Dust My Broom 09:45
05 - Love That Burns 12:39 / 06 - Doctor Brown 17:43 / 07 - Need Your Love Tonight 21:29
08 - lf You Be My Baby 24:57 / 09 - Evenin' Boogie 28:51 / 10 - Lazy Poker Blues 31:32
11 - Coming Home 34:09 / 12 - Trying So Hard to Forget 36:49

13 - Stop Messin' Round [Takes 1, 2, 3]
41:40 / 14 - Stop Messin' Round [Take 5] 46:14
15 - I Held My Baby Last Night [-] 49:03 / 16 - Mystery Boogie [-] 53:32

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh well,

Then Play On

http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Then_Play_On#/2013_Deluxe_Edition_Rhino_Records_CD_track_listing

'Domesticated Mural Painting', Maxwell Armfield, 1917

Last edited:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Electric Warrior - T.Rex

1. «Mambo Sun» / 2. «Cosmic Dancer» / 3. «Jeepster» / 4. «Monolith» / 5. «Lean Woman Blues»
6. «Get It On» / 7. «Planet Queen» / 8. «Girl» / 9. «The Motivator» / 10. «Life's a Gas» / 11. «Rip Off»

The album that essentially kick-started the U.K. glam rock craze, Electric Warrior completes T. Rex's transformation from hippie folk-rockers into flamboyant avatars of trashy rock & roll. There are a few vestiges of those early days remaining in the acoustic-driven ballads, but Electric Warrior spends most of its time in a swinging, hip-shaking groove powered by Marc Bolan's warm electric guitar. The music recalls not just the catchy simplicity of early rock & roll, but also the implicit sexuality -- except that here, Bolan gleefully hauls it to the surface, singing out loud what was once only communicated through the shimmying beat. He takes obvious delight in turning teenage bubblegum rock into campy sleaze, not to mention filling it with pseudo-psychedelic hippie poetry. In fact, Bolan sounds just as obsessed with the heavens as he does with sex, whether he's singing about spiritual mysticism or begging a flying saucer to take him away. It's all done with the same theatrical flair, but Tony Visconti's spacious, echoing production makes it surprisingly convincing. Still, the real reason Electric Warrior stands the test of time so well -- despite its intended disposability -- is that it revels so freely in its own absurdity and willful lack of substance. Not taking himself at all seriously, Bolan is free to pursue whatever silly wordplay, cosmic fantasies, or non sequitur imagery he feels like; his abandonment of any pretense to art becomes, ironically, a statement in itself. Bolan's lack of pomposity, back-to-basics songwriting, and elaborate theatrics went on to influence everything from hard rock to punk to new wave. But in the end, it's that sense of playfulness, combined with a raft of irresistible hooks, that keeps Electric Warrior such an infectious, invigorating listen today.

~ Steve Huey, allmusic

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Ροή - Γιώργος Μανωλάκης

Με λαούτο φτιαγμένο από τον Στέλιο Πετράκη. Μίξη: Εφρέν Λόπεζ.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Από το Sixteen Haiku And Other Stories (Δεκαέξη χαϊκού και άλλες ιστορίες):

Haiku Two - Sigmatropic featuring Martine Roberts

B'
Στον κάμπο ούτ' ένα
τετράφυλλο τριφύλλι.
Ποιος φταίει απ' τους τρεις;

Haiku Ten - Sigmatropic featuring Cat Power

Ι'
Τώρα σηκώνω
μια νεκρή πεταλούδα
χωρίς φτιασίδι.

Haiku Eleven - Sigmatropic featuring Simon Joyner

ΙΑ'
Πού να μαζεύεις
τα χίλια κομματάκια
του κάθε ανθρώπου.

Haiku Twelve (Unprofitable Boat Line) - Sigmatropic featuring Lee Ranaldo

ΙΒ'
Άγονος γραμμή
Το δοιάκι τι έχει;
Η βάρκα γράφει κύκλους
κι ούτε ένας γλάρος!

Το πέμπτο και το δέκατο τέταρτο εκεί, στην Πάτμο.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
The jasmine - Sigmatropic featuring Steve Wynn

'Sixteen Haiku & Other Stories' (2003)
Effects [Bleeps] -- Antonis Livieratos
Effects [Sound Treatments] -- Coti K.
Guitar -- Stathis Ioannou
Voice -- Steve Wynn

Είτε βραδιάζει
είτε φέγγει
μένει λευκό
το γιασεμί.

Whether it's dusk
or dawn's first light
the jasmine
always stays white.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Rock 'n' Roll Animal - Lou Reed

And the children are the only ones who blush
'Cause life is just to die

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Ρωτόκριτος και κοντυλιές - Κουαρτέτο Στέλιου Πετράκη, Βρυξέλλες, Οκτώβριος 2013

Στέλιος Πετράκης - Γιώργος Σταυρακάκης - Αντώνης Σταυρακάκης - Θανάσης Μαυροκώστας

Άχι,
απόψε θα γενεί καβγάς κοντά στη γειτονιά σου
κι όλοι θα τρέξουν στον καβγά κι εγώ στην αγκαλιά σου

Κάβο Σίδερος