This funny thing landed in my email

Ναι, είναι γνωστός ευφημισμός for you know what.
Καλά έκανα και ρώτησα. Μάλλον ορίζουμε διαφορετικά το "ζουμερή" και, ιδίως, το "χυμώδης". Ας περιμένουμε τον Nickel να μας δώσει τα φώτα του ως έτερος άντρας δεινός ορολόγος.

(Προσθέστε χαμογελάκια και γκρι χρωματάκι κατά βούληση.)

Alexandra

Super Moderator
Staff member
Όχι, όχι, παρεξηγήθηκα. Χρησιμοποιώ τον όρο "ζουμερή" και "χυμώδης" αντί για χαρακτηρισμούς που ίσως θεωρηθούν ρατσιστικοί για τα κιλά της κυρίας.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Ναι, πώς λέμε επίσης «με πλούσια τα ελέη»; Και αφήνουμε τον άλλο να ζωγραφίσει ανάλογα με τα συμφραζόμενα. Εδώ, το ζουμερό της κυρίας δεν ήταν για να το λιμπίζεσαι, αλλά μάλλον δυσχέραινε τις κινήσεις της.

(Κι εγώ με ενωτικό γράφω την «επιθυμία-παράκληση». Η οποία έλεγε: «...ένα μηνυματάκι πού και πού με κάποια ευκαιρία, να ξέρουμε ότι είστε καλά». Textese δεν περιείχε το μήνυμά μου.)

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Και επειδή ουκ έστιν αριθμός των Funny things that land in my email, να που πήρα και ειδοποίηση ότι «Vatican Okays Mass Translation». Χρειάστηκε παρέμβαση του Βατικανού για τις μαζικές μεταφράσεις; Ζήτησε το Google Translate την ευλογία του Πάπα; Θα μπει το translatio ex machina στη θέση τού deus ex machina;

Αλλά μπα, λάθος κατάλαβα...
http://ncregister.com/site/article/15574

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member
Μεταξύ άλλων μαντινάδων που μου έστειλαν, κάπου σ' ένα σάιτ τις βρήκε ο αποστολέας (νομίζω το www.mantinada.gr):

Και θα γενώ εγώ install
στο κέντρο της καρδιάς σου
και access granted θα ΄ναι πια
το message τσ΄ ομορφιάς σου

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
A wealthy old lady decides to go on a photo safari in Africa, taking her faithful aged poodle named Cuddles, along for the company.

One day the poodle starts chasing butterflies and before long, Cuddles discovers that he’s lost. Wandering about, he notices a leopard heading rapidly in his direction with the intention of having lunch.

The old poodle thinks, ‘Oh, oh! I’m in deep doo-doo now!’ Noticing some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the leopard is about to leap, the old poodle exclaims loudly, ‘Boy, that was one delicious leopard! I wonder if there are any more around here?’

Hearing this, the young leopard halts his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees. ‘Whew!’ says the leopard, ‘That was close! That old poodle nearly had me!’

Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard. So off he goes, but the old poodle sees him heading after the leopard with great speed, and figures that something must be up. The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the leopard.

The young leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, ‘Here, monkey, hop on my back and see what’s going to happen to that conniving canine!’

Now, the old poodle sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his back and thinks, ‘What am I going to do now?’, but instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn’t seen them yet, and just when they get close enough to hear, the old poodle says:

‘Where’s that damn monkey? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another leopard!’

curry

If you were around in 1919 and came upon the following poster.........

I mean seriously, would you stop drinking?

Elsa

¥
Μου το έστειλαν μόλις, δεν ξέρω πόσα είναι αληθινά, αλλά και φτιαχτά να είναι, έχουν γούστο! :)

ΑΦΙΕΡΩΜΕΝΟ ΣΤΟΥΣ ΓΟΝΕΙΣ!

TEACHER: Maria, go to the map and find North America
MARIA: Here it is.
TEACHER: Correct. Now class, who discovered America ?
CLASS: Maria!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
TEACHER: John, why are you doing your math multiplication on the floor?
JOHN: You told me to do it without using tables.

TEACHER: Glenn, how do you spell 'crocodile?'
GLENN: K-R-O-K-O-D- I-A-L'
TEACHER: No, that's wrong
GLENN: Maybe it is wrong, but you asked me how I spell it.

TEACHER: Donald, what is the chemical formula for water?
DONALD: H I J K L M N O.
TEACHER: What are you talking about?
DONALD: Yesterday you said it's H to O.

TEACHER: Winnie, name one important thing we have today that we didn't have ten years ago.
WINNIE: Me!

TEACHER: Glen, why do you always get so dirty?
GLEN: Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground than you are.

TEACHER: Millie, give me a sentence starting with 'I.'
MILLIE: I is..
TEACHER: No, Millie..... Always say, 'I am.'
MILLIE: All right.. 'I am the ninth letter of the alphabet.'

TEACHER: George Washington not only chopped down his father's cherry tree, but also admitted it. Now, Louie, do you know why his father didn't punish him?
LOUIS: Because George still had the axe in his hand.

TEACHER: Now, Simon, tell me frankly, do you say prayers before eating?
SIMON: No sir, I don't have to, my Mom is a good cook.

TEACHER: Clyde , your composition on 'My Dog' is exactly the same as your twin brother's. Did you copy his?
CLYDE : No, sir. It's the same dog.

TEACHER: Harold, what do you call a person who keeps on talking when people are no longer interested?
HAROLD: A teacher

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Και, αν τα μάτια σας τα τράβηξαν οι λιχουδιές, ρίξτε μια ματιά και στις λέξεις-κλειδιά. Όπως «αγέλη», που υποθέτω ότι μεταφράζει το pack. Ή εκείνο δίπλα στο «δοχείο, πιάτο» της πρώτης γραμμής (όχι εκείνο που γράφει κάρυ, ντε). Γρήγορο τεστ: ποια λέξη έχει μεταφραστεί «δεν πληρώνω τα οφειλόμενα»;

Elsa

¥
Να υποθέσω ότι το ρύζι συνοδευόταν από ξηρούς καρπούς προτού πέσει στα χέρια του αυτόματου μεταφραστη;

Kαι όμως όχι! Ήταν απλώς, μπάλες ρυζιού (rice balls)!
Εγώ απορώ γι αυτό: λαζάνια, πάπια, δεν πληρώνω τα οφειλόμενα, κρεμμύδια, σούπα...

edit: ο Nickel με πρόλαβε και απ' ότι φαίνεται ξέρει και τι ήταν...

curry

Δεν ξέρω αν προσέξατε, αλλά η μετάφραση αυτή έχει και πνευματικά δικαιώματα! Μην τολμήσετε καημένοι και κάνετε κανένα copy-paste, σας βλέπω στο κελί 33 και πού χρόνος να φέρνω τσιγάρα!

Τελικά, αυτό το "δεν πληρώνω-δεν πληρώνω" τι είναι; Γιατί για τα ρυζομπαλάκια, οκ, μου λύθηκε η απορία...